Wednesday, January 13, 2016

How to Avoid Dry Skin During Winter

Hello pretty people!
    So winter has finally come to Ohio. It had been so nice for the past cold months, but unfortunately all good things come to an end. With the winter weather bringing a harsher side to the elements, it can take a toll on the skin. Dry skin being the main outcome. Today I wanted to share my tips for maintaining moisturized, healthy, and flake free skin for the season that we are in.

1. Take Supplements

    While some of you might already take vitamins throughout the year, there are specific ones that help the skin. Increasing  your Omega-3 fatty acids helps to regulate skin's oil production and keeps it moisturized; Vitamin C helps to increase the amount of iron your body takes in, leading to less dry, tighter, and brighter skin; Vitamin E in moderation helps to fight off free radicals as it is a strong antioxidant. All of these can be found in foods, however an easier and simpler way to increase the amounts taken is through supplements. I personally like to take a multivitamin, fish oil, B-12, and Vitamin D and C to help my body. This strengthens my immune system, boosts my metabolism, and helps my skin during the colder months.

2. Exfoliate
   
     Exfoliating is a great way to decrease the amount of dry skin on your face. Especially for those of us who workout frequently, it's even more important to exfoliate because the turn over rate of our skin is faster than those who don't workout as frequently. Even if you have more sensitive skin, exfoliating is super important. For my skin type, it is beneficial for me to exfoliate 3-4 times a week with the right scrub. The way I keep track of it, is every day I wash my hair, I exfoliate my skin. I've made several D.I.Y posts for face scrubs, each one beneficial and gentle on the skin including a Green Tea Scrub, a Coffee Scrub, and a Turmeric Scrub .

3. Use Sheet Masks
 
    This is something that I love to do during the middle of the week for a quick pick me up. Sheet masks are becoming more and more popular as celebrities bring more and more fame to these face masks. Sheet masks are thin pieces of cloth that is soaked in serum or essence. You let these sit on your skin for 15-20 minutes, remove the cloth, and let the serum soak into your skin. Some of my favorites include the Nature Republic Snail Mask, Etude House I Need You Bamboo, Honey, and Royal Jelly sheet masks, and the Innisfree Skin Clinic Hyaluronic Acid Mask.

4. Drink Your Water

    My last tip is  to drink your water! This is probably the easiest thing to do on the list, but it makes a huge difference on your skin! Drinking water allows your skin to stay moisturized and helps to decrease the amount of dry skin produced, leaving you with glowy beautiful skin. I like drinking 2-3 liters everyday to ensure that my skin is being properly hydrated from the inside out.

    That's it for my tips of how to avoid dry skin during the winter. If you have anything you'd like to add anything, tell me in the comments. Also feel free to share any questions, comments, recommendations, and requests in the down bar. I hope you all enjoyed this post! Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment