Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Best Korean Cosmetics Part 1: Face


Hello pretty people!
    It has been literally ages since I posted about Korean cosmetics, and honestly I miss it. Originally when I started this blog, it was mainly for Korean products, makeup tutorial, etc. Recently my blog got an updated look, and with it new content. I've always wanted to reach a broader audience and find ways to incorporate both the Korean and American side of my beauty makeup collection. However it has been quite awhile since I touched on the Korean cosmetics side, so today I'm welcoming it back into the circuit with a favorites post. Korean cosmetics is gaining a lot of notoriety in the beauty community and I couldn't be happier. Since it's becoming more popular, the world of K-Beauty is opening up, and with it there are thousands of products to choose from. I created this post in hopes that it would help everyone to know which products are to die for and worth every penny. Today I have part one which is dedicated to face products. Let's jump into this shall?

 
    First I'll start with everyone's favorite: BB Creams and CC Creams. For BB cream I am obsessed with the Luna Wonder Essential B.B Founde. It has amazing coverage and doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. It is very moisturizing too, without leaving your skin looking slick. The Face Shop Pure Aura CC Cream is a dream for all skin types. It has amazing coverage and covers imperfections without leaving the skin looking cakey. I love it in the winter months because it is very brightening and helps to correct dark spots on my skin.


     For concealers the ones I really recommend are both for the under eye area. First is the Missha Under Eye Brightener. It has properties that help to brighten the under eye area and brighten the skin. It really works well at covering dark circles and doesn't make the skin look dry or cakey. The Skinfood Rice Pen Concealer has a yellow tone to it, which really helps to counter act the dark purple tones of dark circles. It has a matte finish and leaves a shine free finish.


     My one powder I felt should be shared with y'all is the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact. This powder is amazing for oily and combination skin types alike. It absorbs the oils on the skin and sets makeup for a nice and natural finish. They do have a color version of this powder, but I highly recommend the translucent one.


    I have two highlighters and one blush to share with you all. The liquid highlighter is from The Face Shop and is there High Lighter Beam. This is basically a dead on dupe for the Benefit High Beam, except for a lot cheaper. It is light pink toned highlighter with little silver micro shimmers. It blends really beautifully into the skin and gives a gorgeous glow. The Skinfood All Over Muffin Cake Finish in Vanilla Peach Muffin. It is really pretty marbled highlighter that gives depth and dimension to you high light. It smells amazing too, like a pastry just out of the oven. It doesn't look extremely powdery either, just glowy on the skin. Lastly is the Pony Easy Mix Blush by Memebox. This is a great cheeks palette that gives you four shades. You can wear them together or separate, each shade is very pretty and can compliment so many different looks.

    That's it for this post everyone! I hope you enjoyed it and that you stay tuned for more Korean cosmetics being featured. I'm trying to find a way to better incorporate it into my content, whilst keeping with some of the American cosmetics I've been sharing lately. What is your favorite Korean face product? Tell me in the comments and feel free to leave me any questions, comments, and requests as well. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

2 comments:

  1. I would love to get my hands on some Korean beauty products. I'm especially interested in CC creams at the moment. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC Creams are amazing to use! They adjust to your skin tone and give a really pretty brightening effect to the skin. Have a great day!
      Grace

      Delete