Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Monthly Makeup Edit: December 2015

Hello pretty people!
    The end of the month has come and although this post is a little late, I always like to share the products that have worked wonders for me, enough so that I've kept them in rotation throughout an entire month. This month I focused on enhancing my hazel eyes and keeping a clean looking base. The lips took a glossy back seat, and the eyes drove the whole thing.


    For my base, I loved mixing the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation with the Face Shop Pure CC Cream. This combination gave me a semi-matte and brightened look to my skin. It helped to keep oil at bay and helped to moisturize my dry cheeks. The best way I found to apply this was with a damp beauty blender or with a thick foundation brush. Both times it was necessary to take a fluffy brush and finish blending everything for an uber natural look. The Neutrogena foundation has salicylic acid which helps to clear up acne and the Face Shop CC Cream has brightening properties that helps transform the skin's dark spots. I like to set the base products with the Pacifica Perfect Lotus Powder which is a hydrating pressed powder with a buildable coverage. To give life back into my skin, I've been using the Lorac Pro Powder Cheek Stain in Petal Pink. It's packed with antioxidants and stays on forever. The color is a gorgeous light pink that is the perfect winter flush for my skin tone.
    I'm pretty lenient with eye primer, honestly if it stays put, then I'm good to go. This month I've been testing out the Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later eye primer. It applies like silk and really enhances eye shadow in a beautiful way. My over all lid color has been the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Cornelius, which a warm toned caramel brown. This shadow is a hybrid between cream and powder, making it apply like a dream to the lids. I like to use my fingers and blend this shade into my crease. On my outer v and lash line, I've been applying Woodwinked from MAC, which is a beautiful antique gold that warms up every look. I love using the colors on my lid because they make my hazel eyes look so green, and enhance in a gorgeous way. My eyebrows have found their new love in the Lorac Pro Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette. It makes doing my eyebrows so easy and get's the job done in a jiffy.
    The lips were kept moisturized and soft with the Shara Shara Acerola Moist Oil Balm. It's a universal balm that you can use anywhere that's dry and flaky. I love using this on my lips because it looks like a hyper shine gloss, when really it's pampering and protecting my lips from the external elements.
    That's it for this months edit! I hope you all enjoyed this post, if you did be sure to tell me in the comments. Also feel free to leave any requests, comments, recommendations, or questions and I'll be happy to get back to them ASAP. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment