Thursday, May 29, 2014

Innisfree Eco Green Tea BB Cream Review


Hi!
     I know the rest of the world is on a CC cream kick, but I love my BB creams. I think that they are better fitted for my skin type. And since it's summer where I live, I'm too dark for my CC creams right now. I'm not into the pale trend. I'd much rather be tanned. That being said, I've been trying out new BB creams lately, and I stumbled across this Innisfree one. Okay, TBH I had been looking at this for 3 months on my Amazon wishlist.So I went ahead and purchased it, and have been using it for about a month now. I like to give myself sometime to try stuff out before I give it my final seal of approval.

Price:
     I got mine for about $10, but the priced has increased since then to $12.67. If you are using an Amazon seller, then I totally recommend A-Poly or Emunah for the best service  and samples!! Although the initial price might look different, when you add in the shipping and handling, their is barely any difference. I prefer A-Poly to Emunah just because I really like their service, but both are equally good.

Packaging:
     Okay they did change the packaging from a pump container to a squeeze container, which I don't mind because you can get more product out of a squeeze bottle. Although, the pump is more hygienic, it does have the same amount of product, so don't feel copped out of product. I prefer the squeeze type, but I do like the look of pumps. Storage is a lot easier without the pump which is a bonus. I like the feel of the product as well. It has that Nars soft matte packaging feel, and it's very simple and sleek.

Product:
     This is a thicker type BB cream, especially good for dry skin, although it is suitable for all skin types. When I just apply it with a brush, it feels kind of thick on my skin, but then again, I generally apply it with my fingers or with a damp beauty blender. At first it feels thicker, but then it sits really nicely on the surface of your skin afterwards. And yes it is very moisturizing, and since I have combination skin, that can be a good and a bad thing. It is a natural finish, but if you live in a more humid climate, it becomes dewy after awhile. It might just be because of my skin type though.

Scent:
    It smells like a musky version of Green Tea, like you had steeped it for too long. I actually like scents like this because they seem more natural to me, which is a big deal to me. I hate it when I feel like I'm caking chemicals on my face. So I find this scent very refreshing.

Claims:

  •  100% natural origin ingredients giving your skin a firmer feel, without heaviness, even after the makeup is gone.
  • Pure Jeju Green Tea fills the skin with a clean air moisture to give the skin a natural radiance.
  • Conceals dark spots and problem areas, with smooth natural powder, giving the skin a brightened finish without darkness.
Ingredients:
     Purified water, titanium dioxide, dicaprylyl ether, dicaprylyl triglyceride, propanediol, polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxy-stearate, zinc oxide (CI 77947), sorbitan isostearate, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, trihydroxydtearin, silica, camellia sinensis seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) powder, lauroyl lysine, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, alumina, stearic acid, coco-caprylate/caprate, glyceryl caprylate, iron oxides (CI 77419), iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77492), fragrance

Ingredients I like:
Coconut Oil: Is full of antioxidants and vitamins. It works as an emollient, softening and soothing the skin and helps acne or acne scars fade faster. It also provides long lasting hydration to the skin.

Rice Powder: Rice contains a high PABA which is a natural sunscreen as well as Ferulic Acid, which is high in antioxidants and vitamin C and E.  It has Allotin in it which has anti inflammatory properties, which is great for acne and sunburns. Rice Powder also helps to brighten and lighten the skin.

Camellia Seed Oil: Is great for sun protection for your skin. It is a transdermal carrier of cell rebuilding nutrients as well as collagen and biotin compounds into the skin which repairs the damage done by the sun, aging and dryness.


What I like:
    I'm a big fan of the flawless, natural coverage of this product. The smell is simple and clean, which as you know I appreciate. I also really like that it's organically based  ingredients from Jeju island. It's nice to know that I'm not coating my face with a huge amount of chemicals and parabens, which is refreshing for a change. Also, the box it comes in is made out of recycled material and is printed with soy ink. Overall I like this BB cream, it goes on very nice with the finger tips, which is great because if you travel, you won't have to carry a million brushes with you. 

What I don't Like:
    When you don't apply this with your fingers, it can be rather difficult to blend. I like the consistency, but it can feel a little thick when you first apply it, but it goes away after a couple minutes once it oxidizes into my skin. I also wish that there was a bit broader of a color range, but I generally look best in the first shade with a darker powder over top to get my perfect skin tone.

Overall Rating: 4/5

    I hope you all enjoyed this review. I know that I haven't been doing as many lately, but I have a bunch of new products I'm going to be sharing my thoughts on soon. If you have any request of products you'd like to have reviewed, leave it to me in the comment section. I'll see ya'll next time!
Gracie ^.^

Song of this Post-
Fallingforyou- The 1975

→EMAIL ME @←✉BUSINESS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!✉graceashipley@gmail.com

1 comment: