Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream Review

     Hey Honey Pie!
     I know two posts in one week! Somethings got to be up lol. I'm somewhat obsessed with South Korea. Mainly there music (don't even get me started on DBSK and JYJ), but I also really like their cosmetics. I already have a lot of Etude House products and I love them. I've been trying to use all natural product here and there, especially for my skin (since it's cleared up), and there are brands that are all natural from Korea that I like. Some of my favorites are Nature Republic, Innisfree, and Skinfood.
     I've been trying to get rid of my dark circles for months. The school year is starting up again and I get like seven hours of sleep every night. I have been using the Garnier Nutritioniste Anti-Dark Circle Roller for awhile, which works great for the spring and summer. During the fall and winter my skin gets drier so I wanted to look for a creamy substance. Enter Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream.

   
 
  PACKAGING:
     Okay, I am a big fan of nice packaging that feel expensive on drugstore products. I really like this packaging too. The lid has a tin feel to it and is a beautiful golden/pink  tone. The jar is a glass like plastic and has the name in a sticker around the jars and lid. Like a seal of approval (: I really enjoy the packaging because its got a nice weight and feel to it.

PRODUCT:
     If you're an artist you know the texture of oil paint, and this product has a similar feel to it. It is creamy, but it feels oily in a good way. It only comes in two shades. I like to apply it after my eye cream so that it will go on smoothly since its so thick and I don't want wrinkles. I got shade 2 because usually when I buy Korean products, I get the darker shade since I'm not that pale toned. When I first applied it, it was more orange toned, but after I blended it in with my finger, it brightened my whole under eye area and looked so nice over top of my foundation.

SCENT:
     I was really worried when I first ordered this product I was concerned that it would smell fishy, or something like Omega-3 pills. Fortunately it didn't smell like that, instead it smells like oil paint. If you are sensitive to scents like paint and oil scents, this isn't really your best choice.

CLAIMS:
     It claims: "A dark circle concealer cream with salmon oil that effectively conceals dark circles while promoting brighter, softer skin. The highly concentrated formula applies like second skin and stays put without clumping, no matter how many layers you apply". From my experience with this product, I can truthfully say that it really does conceal your dark circles extremely well. When I first apply the product it looks really unnatural, but after blending it out, it matches your skin to a t. It loses its sticky consistency and becomes smooth to touch.

PROS:
Thick creamy consistency
Blends smoothly into skin
Brightens under eye area
Decreases the appearance of dark circles

CONS:
The sticky feel at first
The scent

OVERALL RATING: 4.5
     Overall, I really enjoy this product. My dark circles have decreased and this product is a new staple in my collection. I guess the only downside is the sticky feeling at first, but that fades almost immediately. The reason why I subtracted .5 is simply because the scent might irritate some nostrils out there.
   
     Well that is my overall review of the Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream. I hope that you try it out and love it. If you do have it and enjoy it, comment down below on your favorite thing about it. Until next time,
Gracie

     →EMAIL ME @←
✉BUSINESS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!✉graceashipley@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment