Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Makeup Edit 2016


Hello pretty people!
    Wow, so we are already done with January! I gotta tell you January was a good month, filled with hanging out with friends, signing up for the ACT which I'm taking this Saturday, Auditions for my school annual production, and most recently my school Winter Formal which I got to bring my boyfriend to, and he finally got to meet all of my friends after three months :) Today I have a slew of makeup products to share with you that I loved during the month of January. One thing to mention really quick though, is that I didn't have a set lip product that wowed me extremely this month so there are no lip products that I'm sharing, unfortunately. But what I lack in lips I make up for in the eye department this month, so without further ado, let's jump into this months edit!

 
     Primers have been a back and forth this months, but something that I've loved it my foundation mixture. I've been loving to mix the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation in with the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation and blending it on with a damp beauty blender and it looks so nice on the skin! It gives it a glow without making me look oil slick and has a good coverage as well. I started contouring with a foundation stick this month, in particular the Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick in Cappuccino. I got this on sale at target and it works great as a contour shade for my skin tone. It blends really easily into the skin as well, making it look very natural if applied the right way. To off set the contouring, I used the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer in Light to give a matte highlight on the high points of my face, and blending out once again with my sponge. Powder hasn't changed since lasts months edit, and the same goes for blush. I love the Lorac Pro Blush in Petal Pink as much as I have for the past few months. It just looks so nice on my skin tone and gives a very subtle but brightening flush to the cheeks.


     The eye primer I've been really liking this month is the Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later primer. It makes my eye makeup stay on all day. For example, my school dance was last night and the whole evening filled with dancing and coffee runs at 11:00 pm until I took my makeup off once arriving home. That to me shows the signs of an amazing eye primer. I've been testing the INSPR Eye Shadow in Carnival which is a gorgeous warm toned shimmery brown and the quality is highly comparable to M.A.C eye shadows in my opinion. I've loved brightening my inner corner this month, so to do that I did a two step process. First I apply the NYC eye liner pencil in White to my inner corners and halfway onto my lower and upper lash lines. I blend that out slightly with my finger tips and set it with the M.A.C Vanilla eye shadow. It looks so nice and gives me that 8+ hours of sleep look. I started using my Skinfood Sweet Almond Eyeliner again, and it's as good as I remember although it is now running scary low. It glides on seamlessly and is easier to apply than other liquid eyeliners since it has a really thin brush. Lastly for this makeup edit, I've been using the Innisfree Eco Curling Mascara a lot because it gives me a lot of length and volume with making me feel super clumpy or unnatural.

    That's it for this monthly makeup edit! How was your January? Tell me in the comments below as well as any questions, requests, recommendations or thoughts. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment