Saturday, January 9, 2016

D.I.Y. Tinted EOS Lip Balm


Hello pretty people!
    Just as a quick disclaimer, I wasn't expecting this to work for me, since D.I.Y's are hit or miss and to be honest, I probably spent half an hour trying to get the top part off, and in a desperate attempt, finally realized that I was pulling on the wrong part. After figuring the out, the rest was smooth sailing. Anyway, this was pretty fun to do, and is incredibly simple. If you want to carry around a tinted lip balm in that egg shape we all love, here is how you can do it.
1. First take whatever lip balm you want and untwist until you can pull the product out. I used two different tinted lip balms and scrapped the rest of an EOS into one container.

2. You want to take the "wedge" or "pie" looking part and pop it out from the bottom before popping it into the top. Make sure to get as much product off of the base as possible.

3. Take about a tablespoon of coconut oil and put it in the same bowl as the lip balms.

4. This part can take a little, but the goal is to try and mix all of the products together. I found that using a butter knife helps to mix everything really nicely.

5. Put it in the microwave for 50 seconds to melt everything together.

6. Pour the mixture into the top part of the EOS Container as cleanly as possible. Make sure that bottom pie piece is there before you pour the liquid in.

7. Pop the bottom part onto the top, making the top the bottom and the bottom the top. Once it's sealed, place it into the freezer for one hour.


    When you unscrew the lid, your tinted lip balm should be in the sphere shape and ready to go! It's a pretty fun and easy D.I.Y and I think it's so pretty once it's done. Be sure to tell me how this goes for you if you try it out. Also if you have any questions, comments, requests, or recommendations be sure to leave them in the comments below and I'll get back to you ASAP. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment