Sunday, January 25, 2015

D.I.Y Turmeric Face Mask+Scrub for Clear and Glowing Skin


Hi Everyone!
    So, one of my absolute favorite spices is Turmeric. It gives a helpful kick when I'm cooking Indian food and the color adds so much to a dish. But, today, I'm going to share a different recipe; one for your skin. So what makes this spice so amazing?

Benefits of Turmeric:

  •    Helps reduce acne with it's antiseptic and antibacterial properties which help to purify the skin and treat acne spots
  • Perfect for oily skin because it helps regulate sebum production
  • Helps fight signs of aging including fine lines and wrinkles
  • Helps moisturize dry cracked skin by exfoliating and removing dead skin cells that have built up on the skin
  • Brightens the complexion and helps with whitening
    These are just a few of many benefits that come with Turmeric, and are the ones I want to focus on. With the cold winter season, skin can become dull and flaky. This mask will help to resolve many skin complexes and delivers fast and effective results.
    Okay, now that you have the scoop on this amazing spice, let's start with this recipe:

  1. First ingredient is 1/2 Cup of Oatmeal. Oatmeal will help to soothe and moisturize your skin. Also it will help purify the skin, gently cleansing away impurities.
  2. Next you will need 1 TBSP (tablespoon) of Turmeric powder.
  3. Add both ingredients in a food processor.
  4. Blend until ingredients are mixed well together, and the oatmeal is chopped up well.
  5. Pour 4 Tablespoons of runny Honey into the mixture.
  6. Mix all ingredients together until a paste is formed.
    The best way to apply this mask, is to massage in circular motions into the skin and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. I recommend using a toner afterwards to get rid of the tint that it can leave on skin. Because it is so pigmented, it's best to use this at night time to avoid looking like and oompa loompa at work.

   
     I really hope you all enjoy this mask and scrub. I like to use this as a scrub before using a clay mask because both of those as a combo helps make my skin really glow. If you have any request, leave them for me in the comments below and I'll see what I can do! I love you all so much, Muah!
Grace


   

No comments:

Post a Comment