Friday, May 30, 2014

My Spring Skincare Routine 2014 for Sensitive Hormonal Combination Skin

Hello Hello!
   When I made my winter skincare routine, I mentioned that I change up my skincare depending on the season. That's based on my belief that your skin need different things in different seasons. For instance, in the winter, my skin need a lot more moisture in than in the summer months since it gets very humid where I live. In light of that, here is my spring morning and nighttime skincare regime.

Morning:

Cleansing-

When I wake up, generally my t-zone is oily, since I generally use a thicker moisturizer when I sleep, and also my room gets very warm. So I start the day of with a pore face wash. The one I like right now is The Saem's Silky Pore Foam Scrub, which i work into a lather with a makeup brush that is thoroughly cleaned and has been my token foamer for the past couple months. I like this face wash because it has little exfoliating beads, but it doesn't aggravate the surface of my face. It leaves the skin completely cleaned and fresh, which is important to me because having a slick face, really isn't my fav.

Essence-

I love my A'Pieu Nonco Essence, because it has tea tree oil, which helps to keep my skin in line. I have sensitive/combination/acne, so I always need something that is going to be good for all of those needs. I appreciate it mostly, because it gives my skin nice hydration without making it feel oily. A+ for the naturally wonderful scent of Tea Tree Oil (: I just apply it with my finger tips over the surface of my face

Moisturize-


My skin needs SPF and soothing during these sunny months. Also I've been trying out this Say Yes to Cucumbers moisturizer that does both of those. It is nice, but it does leave a white cast to the skin, so I like to take probably 1/4 a pump into my palm and pat it into the skin to avoid that ghost look, that comes with SPF moisturizers.


Night:

Makeup Removal-

Generally if I have gone anywhere that day, I'm wearing some form of makeup, so I like to use cleansing oils to get rid of all of it. I'm loving the Innisfree Juicy Green Apple Cleansing Oil, because it's so perfect with removing all your makeup and leaving your pores super happy and your skin feels so soft! I actually got my best friend hooked on the stuff after she slept over my house after Spring Formal. I just massage two pumps of this all over my face.

Cleansing-

At night, I like to be really gentle with my skin and really pamper it, to prepare it for another long day ahead of me, so I've been using the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser because its so nice to my skin. It cleanses without stripping my skin of it's natural oils. I like to take a pump of this and massage it over my wet face, for lots of moisture intake.

Treatment-

Since I have hormonal acne, I've been prescribed Adapalene, which is a Rx prescription topical treatment that really kicks acne in the you know what. But, it can make your skin really peely and red, so I mix it in with the Nonco essence and apply it all over the surface of my skin.

Moisturize-

I like to use a slightly thicker moisturizer at night, but I can't do cream ones, so I opt for a gel based one instead. I really like the Garnier Dew Over moisturizer, because my skin soaks it up really fast and it leaves my skin feeling nice and not over moisturized. Over moisturization can lead to breakouts and clogged up pores, which I definitely  don't want. So I take a little on one of my finger tips and put a little dot on my cheeks, forehead and chin. I then blend it in my gently massaging it into my skin.


Once in a while:

Scrub-

Every other day, I like to indulge in a facial scrub with the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I really like this because, I'm very big on that whole apricot kernel feel. It leaves my skin much softer and smoother, so I'm a fan. I generally use it at night time, when I'm in the shower after I've cleansed my face.

Sleeping Pack-

On days that I use a facial scrub, I use a sleeping pack to help nourish the new skin. I've been using the Banila Co. The Black 17 Sleeping Pack, because it helps to soothe, brighten, tighten and perfect the skin. I just apply it the same as I do my moisturizer. Plus it makes me feel like little skincare ninja's are taking care of my skin while I'm sleeping :)

Clay Pack-

Once a week, I like to do a clay mask to draw out the impurities in my skin, and lately I've been liking the Freeman's Super Fruit Skin Clearing mask. It really helps to dry up any spots and leaves my skin soft and detoxed. I go between this one and the Aztec Indian Healing mask.

    That's all! I hope that you enjoyed this, if you did make sure to +1 this and follow me. Hopefully soon I'll begin filming again, but for now, I'm blogging. If you have any questions or comments, leave it in the comment section, and I'll see ya'll next time!!
xoxo,
Gracie ^.^

Song Of This Post-
Memory ft. Chris Brown- Asher Monroe

→EMAIL ME @←✉BUSINESS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!✉graceashipley@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment