Saturday, January 23, 2016

Choix Subscription Box Review


Hello pretty people!
    Today I'm coming at you with a review on the brand Choix. This brand is really cool for broke students like myself who want to test high end products before fully committing our precious dollars on products. Similarly to going into Sephora and asking for samples of a product, but having it delivered to your door. For me, I wanted to test out the brand before deciding on whether or not to subscribe to this brand's boxes. So a couple weeks ago I perused the website and selected a few primers to test out.


    This is what it looks like once you open up the package and remove the orange cover from the little box. You can see that there is also a sample with the other products.


    Once you open up the box, you see the samples, which where all stuck onto the paper with a thick kind of glue goop and a few cotton swabs.


     The top lid has a sticker with all of the names of what I got as well as a disclaimer about ingredients in the products and allergy information.


     Here I have the Dolce & Gabbana The Primer, which retails for $60 (USD). The claims for this product: Preps the skin for makeup and pro longs the wear time, intensely hydrating, reflective particles illuminate the skin, reduce fatigue and discoloration, gives skin a smooth and even texture, infuse with gold silk sericin and Italian olive oil, SPF 30, and fragrance free.


    The Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer is another one I decided to try out and retails for $57 (USD). The claims for this product: The gliding and smoothing texture leaves a matte glow to the skin, smoothes away fine lines and imperfections, even facial canvas for ideal application of foundation, and it has a comfortable hold on makeup.


    And lastly, the product I'm actually contemplating buying the full size of, which is $32 (USD) is the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water. The claims for this product: Silcone, Alcohol, and Oil free, creates a sheer canvas, wakes up skin making it vibrant and radiant, restores moisture and hydrates without shine, and refreshes throughout the day.


    I also received a small sample of the Dolce & Gabbana Aurealux Cream.

    Over all I love the idea of this subscription service. It's $20 dollars a month and has a wide range of products to choose from, Although I struggle to pronounce the name of this brand, given my very vague knowledge of French, I have no problems with giving them my seal of approval. It's fun to try super high end products without breaking the bank, and even though the probability of me buying the full sizes of both the Giorgio Armani and Dolce & Gabbana primers are slim to none, it is a really cool way of testing out products.

    I hope you all enjoyed this post! Have you ever tried Choix, and what's more, do you know how to pronounce their name? Tell me in the comments as well as any questions, requests, recommendations, or thoughts. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment