Thursday, May 15, 2014

D.I.Y Skin Clearing Facial Scrub

Hiya Kids,
    As the title clearly states (haha I'm so punny...), this is another D.I.Y. for ya'll. The summer time is coming and I know that everyone wants clearer skin and to be relieved of that post school stress. I know that for me, with school ending in a week and the crazy study sessions I've been going through at 1:30 AM for my Korean studies, this scrub is the perfect pick me up after a stressful day. Whether your stressed about school, acne, boys ( i know, it's tough), work, really anything can get you down honestly, this will help you have a little more peace of mind. 맑은 피부는 이제 시작!

What you'll need:


Why?

Green Tea- Green Tea is great for sun protection because it helps block free radicals that come from the sun. These free radicals can hyper pigmentation and dark pigmentation on the skin. If you have Psoriasis, green tea helps by soothing the skin and reducing redness and also helps slow down the placebo. Green Tea also helps for anti-aging because of all the wonderful antioxidants. In the summer I love adding green tea into things. It helps to purify the skin and keep your skin from the aging that happens when you sit in the sun. Plus if you get sunburned , it soothes it and reduces the appearance of any redness. Need I say more?

Jasmine- Jasmine is one of those flowers that can really help to reduce stress, by releasing a chemical reaction that boosts your energy and also reduce stress and anxiety. Also, when applied to the skin can help to clarify and soothe the skin because it is a natural antiseptic and antibiotic. Jasmine also helps protect the skin from the environment and harmful pollutants. Jasmine helps to restore the skins natural elasticity and balance out the skin and provide moisture back into the skin. Perfect for in the summer time when we tend to get more oily and can confuse that with moisture.

Sugar- Sugar is the "It" ingredient for a good scrub, and also my personal favorite way to exfoliate. It doesn't clog the pores, and it helps to balance out the skins oil levels. What is so great about sugar is that it is gentle enough for sensitive skin as well, since the grains are so small and soft. Which is great for if your have a sunburn on your face, or your skin tend to breakout easily.

Honey- The best natural antibacterial ingredient EVER. Honey is amazing for treating acne, because of its antibacterial properties and cam also help prevent it. It helps with anti-ageing because like green tea, it's chalk full of antioxidants. Honey also helps boost the complexion, giving the skin a glowing look, and it clarifies the pores and helping to make them easier to clean up. Yeah, I love honey.

Directions:


1. The first step is simple. Make a cup of tea, and allow it to steep for a couple minutes. Of course you should drink the tea ASAP because it's amazing. I'm using the Healing Teas of the World in China Green Tea Jasmine flavor. It's magical.

2. Next take the tea bag out and squeeze out the remaining tea into a small plastic container. This will help make the scrub easier to mix, later on.

3. Take the tea bag and cut it open.

4. Pour the tea grinds from the bag into the small container. Try to get as much of it out as possible, the more, the merrier.


5. Pour the sugar over the tea grinds

6. Mix the tea grinds and sugar until it looks somewhat blended. There shouldn't be any spots where there just sugar or tea.

7. Pour in the honey and blend it all together into a thick paste.

8. Yay!! All done


Before/After



    I hope you all enjoyed this D.I.Y. It is so simple and so effective. I hope that this helps you in some way. If you make it, share your experience with me in the comments. Also, if you have any questions leave it in the comment section as well (; Okay, that's it for today! I know it's a shorter post, but hey, sometimes shorter is better (my height is proof of that lol). I'll see you next time!!
Gracie ^.^

Song of this post:
Elevate- St. Lucia




No comments:

Post a Comment