Saturday, January 16, 2016

November-December Beauty Empties


Hello pretty people!
     Today I have another post of my most recently used up products. I have a bit more than previous times, but I'm trying to do this every couple of months. I don't always use up a lot of products, but I used a pretty fair amount between November and December. So let's take a peak at my hoarding for the past few months (ft. my awful green carpet), shall we?

Body/Hair Care:

Dove Go Fresh Nutrium Moisture Body Wash:
     I have always liked Dove body washes, and I did enjoy the scent of this one. It was nice and refreshing for the time that I used it. I think it helped a little bit with dry skin, since it has such a nice lather, but I have to say their Purely Pampering Body Wash is my ultimate favorite, because it makes my skin super soft. So next time I go for a Dove body wash, I'll probably go with that type instead.

Treat Sweet Dreams Lavender Organic Aloe Souffle:
     I got this off of Hautelook when I was scouring for a new body lotion. I'm a big fan of body butters, and when I got this I was immediately pulled in by the organic lavender and aloe aspects of it. I'm a big sucker for lavender and rose scents, so anything like that will be ideal for me. This was a really nice body lotion or "souffle" and it sunk into the skin very quickly. I think I got this for around $11, and it originally goes for $22. When this brand goes back onto Hautelook, I'd consider getting one of the body souffle's again, but I'd maybe try a different scent.

True Blue Paraffin Lotion:
     I like to keep little mini lotions in my purse, and this is the one that I used for December. It is a pretty intensely moisturizing little lotion. It makes my hands very soft, so I think it works really well for me. It contains paraffin, olive, avocado, and apricot oil to really hydrate the skin. I'm probably going to end up repurchasing this again, seeings how it is good lotion to keep in my purse.

Yes To Carrots Normal to Dry Hair Conditioner:
     This conditioner was pretty good with my hair. It made it softer and easily de-tangled my hair in the shower. The only thing I didn't completely love was the scent. It reminded me of the scent of baby wipes, which is one of my least favorite scents that gets put into cosmetics and beauty items. It worked well, but I love switching up my hair care routine and trying new products, so I probably won't try this again for a very long time, if ever.

Skincare:

Innisfree Skin Clinic Sheet Masks:
    I'm only featuring one of these because I plan on doing a full review on them in a later blog post. I will say though, that a few of them have been amazing and I would repurchase them.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:
    I'm a fan of Aveeno products, except for the smart line which I'm actually allergic too. I've dabled in the Clear Complexion line a few times before, including the face wash and lotion. It is very nicely moisturizing, but I actually don't see any difference in my skin when I use this moisturizer. I like the brightening one a lot more, and actually see a difference in my complexion when using it. I probably won't repurchase this again, just knowing it doesn't work for me.

Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Wipes:
     These are the first Neutrogena wipes I've used that haven't been harsh on my skin or caused a burning sensation. It is definitely a favorite of mine, seeings how I'm already on my third repurchase of these. It's nice and moisturizing on the skin and removes my makeup really well. The calming scent is really nice after a long day, and it doesn't dry out my skin at all. If you've had trouble with the wipes before, then I totally recommend you try these, since it's a whole new ball game once you try these. I do use coconut oil to remove the bulk of my eye makeup, but I do wipe off the remainder with these.

Makeup:

Dr. Young Anti Pore Eraser Balm:
     I've had this primer for quite awhile and I've liked it since I first got it in one of my Memebox's. It is a really nice formula that left my skin feeling very smooth and ready to go, makeup wise. It has natural herbs in it too which are very pampering and good for the skin. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this, mainly because the $30 price tag on it is a bit of a turn off, and also because I'm still on the fence of weather this was the cause of some of my breakouts. We'll see what happens with it.

Maybelline Master Conceal:
     This product has such a bad rep in the beauty community, but I actually liked it. I got it on vacation in May of 2015 and I used it up pretty quickly. I liked the full coverage it gave, and I thought it worked great on spots. I'm always trying to find the perfect concealer for my skin, so if I repurchase this, it'll be because nothing better has come along yet, and I need a good concealer for the mountains that appear on my skin.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Lolita:
     What to say about this product... Well, to simply put it, It was a Baby Lips, but one from Thailand because they had more fun colors then the American kind. I hardly ever used this and it ended up just going into a Tinted EOS Lip Balm project that I did. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this particular one.

Blistex Fruit Smoothies Berry Explosion:
     Once again, this is a lip balm that I wouldn't consider repurchasing. I'm not a fan of lip balms that don't have that menthol or peppermint in them, since I love a good tingle on my lips. It too just went into the EOS lip balm project.

    That's all for this post everyone! I'm finally able to throw away all of this junk that I've been storing in my closet for the past couple of months. I do really like doing empty posts, because not only is it helpful for you all to know my thought about things, it helps organize in my mind what products I actually liked and didn't like, saving me some time and money in the long run. So I hope you all enjoyed  this post, comment down below a product you intend to repurchase. Feel free to also leave me any feedback as well, and I'll get to you ASAP. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

2 comments: