Tuesday, October 27, 2015

September-October Beauty Empties


Hello pretty people!
    It feels like such a long time since I've posted one of these. I always like looking at these though, just to see what people thought about the products and also because I'm a big fan of packaging. While I didn't use up too many products, I feel I had enough to justify making an empties post. I'm going to rate these on a scale of 1-5. 1- never repurchase, 2- probably won't repurchase, 3- maybe repurchase, 4- most likely repurchase, 5- definitely repurchasing. I'm going to give a brief synopsis of each product, along with my thoughts and the rating scale. So let's get started!


1. St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub
Product: This scrub is supposed to clear blackheads and calm redness and also contains salicylic acne medication to helps unclog the pores and help prevent future breakouts. 
My Thoughts: I like this scrub. It does a good job of getting rid of any dry and flaky skin. I do think it helps calm my skin, but there wasn't any improvement on my blackheads.
Rating Scale: 3


2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Product: This body lotion is made for dry and parched skin and is supposed to intensely hydrate the skin. It also doesn't have any petroleum, parabens, harsh chemicals, colorants, and is safe for sensitive skin.
My Thoughts: I was pretty excited when I got this in my Ipsy bag, because I'm always up for moisturized skin. But I found that my skin really disliked this product and it even created small acne bumps on my arms.
Rating Scale: 1


3. It's Skin Mini Bebe Mist in Shining Apple
Product: It a mist that you can use throughout the day to refresh your skin with ingredients like witch hazel and milk protein to provide moisture and nutrition to the skin.
My Thoughts: I really don't like this product. I'm usually a big fan of mists, however this smelled bad and cause my acne to stir up, creating little white heads anywhere I sprayed it. 
Rating Scale: 1

4. Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner
Product: Conditioner that penetrate the hair shaft to restore softness and shine while strengthening the hair to make it silky.
My Thoughts: I loved the shampoo for this argan oil line, but for some reason I'm not a huge fan of the conditioner. While I love the musky scent, I'm not a huge fan of how it makes my hair feel. You can barely feel like your applying and it doesn't seem to make my hair very soft.
Rating Scale: 2


5. Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Essence Primer
Product: a moisturizing primer that masks pores to subdue oil and help to improve makeup coverage. 
My Thoughts: I love this primer. It's the best of both worlds providing moisture and oil control, making this a dream for combination/oily skin like mine. It smooths out the pores and makes makeup apply so nicely.
Rating Scale: 4


6. Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream
Product: Contains tea tree oil and oil controlling powder. It helps to clear up the skin using the tea tree oil and helps to maintain a fresh oil free complexion.
My Thoughts: This is a pretty good BB cream. It provides really good coverage and true to it's word, helps keep the skin from getting very oily throughout the day. The only problem I have, is that it can often give my skin a gray cast.
Rating Scale: 3


7. Memebox I'm Eyeliner in Night
Product: Discontinued- Water proof eyeliner that had good pigmentation and last throughout the day without smudging.
My Thoughts: I love this for tightlining. It stayed put and glided on really nicely. It lasted for a very long time and did a really good job  at emphasizing my eyes. I would repurchase this and give it a rating of 5 however since they discontinued it and I can no longer buy it, I gotta give it a 1.
Rating Scale: 1

    That's all for today! If you have any questions, comments, requests, or recommendations leave them for me in the comment section below. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

Business inquiries: graceashipley@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment