Thursday, October 8, 2015

Makeup Tips to Remember

Hello pretty people!
    When I first started wearing makeup I was a mess: Blue eyeshadow, the ever popular Dream Matte Mousse foundation, and a raspberry lipstick claimed places in my heart. Thankfully, since then I've learned some basic makeup principles, and tricks that have ultimately taken my look up to a whole new level. I thought I'd share some tricks I've picked up throughout the years, so maybe you'll be able to either change your ways, or avoid these fatal flaws in general. Let's jump right on into this!

1. Matching eye shadows to my outfit
    While it's nice to have an accent liner that ties your whole look together and is perfectly acceptable, using a purple eyeshadow all over your lid to match your purple shirt, is a little much. If you want to incorporate the shade a little bit, try to find a light shimmer color for the inner corners that has a similar hue to it. Always keep in mind that an accent is better than colors going everywhere.

2. Blending out bronzer
    Harsh lines and an unblended bronzer is one of the biggest no-nos. The goal of contouring is to enhance your natural face shape by creating a shadow. Shadow's are hazy and soft looking, no harshness. So take a blending brush and go to town. Honestly, the more blended you can get it, the better your look will be!

3. Cakey Coverage
    While full coverage is amazing, it can often leave you cakey and your face feeling heavy. A trick I learned a while back, is to apply a very light base as your foundation. Take a full coverage concealer and apply on areas that need coverage and set everything with a light dusting of powder. On areas you applied concealer, pat on the powder, so you don't disturb the product.

4. Curl your eyelashes
    Most people know this one, but if you've never invested in an eyelash curler, I highly highly highly recommend picking one up. It really helps to take you lashes to a new level and makes your eyes look a lot bigger!

5. Tight line
    This is a really simple trick that can really makes your lashes look amazing. Take a waterproof eyeliner and apply it to the base of the upper lashes. Sometimes I like to use a green eyeliner to enhance my eye color, other days I'll go with a solid black shade. If you have blue eyes, you could try using a bronze eyeliner.

6. Don't take yourself too seriously!
    This is so important and probably the best thing I've ever learned. Have fun with your looks and try out different trends. Keep a few basic guidelines in mind, but ultimately, have fun. Makeup is an art form, and should be an enjoyable process and and experience. So wear that lipstick shade that's funky, try out a new nail polish, whatever!

    Those are a few things that I've learned over my years of wearing makeup. If you like this post, tell me in the comments, as well as any requests, recommendations or questions. Until next time, I love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment