Saturday, October 24, 2015

5 Things: End of the Week Favorites #12


Hello pretty people!
   I decided that with my busy schedule that I'm going back to two posts a week, one on Tuesday and one on Saturday. I have a lot of school I'm working on and between trying to fill out job applications and college stuff, I don't really have a ton of free time. But I still want to maintain good content and consistent uploading time frames for you all. Anyways, this week was pretty good and more relaxed. I would wake up, workout and shower before hitting the books, and occasionally go out with friends. I've been keeping my makeup very simple lately, just using some BB cream, a touch of concealer and a little mineral powder for  my base, a quick swipe of liquid eyeliner and some lashings of mascara, and just a touch of lip balm and sometimes lip stain. I've found a couple products this week that I now don't think I can live without, so let's jump into it!


    Last week I went to the dermatologist for a follow up appointment. Recently I have been dealing with a lot of white heads, so I wanted to figure out a reason for why as well as treatment for them. My dermatologist told me that it could be because of my makeup. A lot of times, products contain ingredients that can clog up you pores, so it's important to use non comedogenic products. So I switched back to using my much loved Garnier Anti Acne BB Cream. It's really moisturizing on my skin and provides really nice coverage, leaving me to only use a smidgen of concealer. I've also been experiencing some dry skin, thanks to an intense topical treatment that has been added to my regular routine.


    Because of the intense dryness of my skin, I've been needing a moisturizing primer and I've had this one just sitting around since I got it. The Shara Shara Dew Veil Primer has a really nice moisturizing texture, and while I'm not sure if it's non comedogenic, it has a ton of beneficial ingredients. It's packed with avocado, argan, drunk stick, and botanical oils protect the skin and provide a barrier. I've been using this around my mouth and in between my eyebrows, which is where my skin has been the driest. It keeps my skin from getting flaky and really smooth over my skin.


    The last face product, is the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum. With the weather getting colder it means that my tan I have been so proud of is fading. To keep my skin looking healthy, I've been loving to apply this blush. It goes on very sheer, but can be built up to a higher pigmentation. It looks very smooth on the skin and doesn't contain any shimmer, so it's perfect for my skin right now. It has a unique gel-like formula and finishes in a powder form. The color Pink Plum is the perfect natural looking pink flushed look for my skin tone, and helps to brighten up my whole face.


    Last beauty item is the Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Committed which is a gorgeous pink nude. It's almost the perfect my lips but better shade for me. And while I'm all about a glossy lip, I actually don't mind the matte feeling on my lips. It has a really nice cooling sensation that makes this very comfortable to wear. I recently got this in an Ipsy and I've really been liking it. I usually apply a little bit over some glossy lip balm to make it easier to wear during the day.

    And lastly:
Bright- Lost Kings Remix by Echosmith
    This remix takes the adorable song Bright and adds some killer electronic sounds making this slow dance song into a bubbly upbeat EDM.

    As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post! If you did, be sure to comment down below any requests, comments, or recommendations and I'll get back to you ASAP. Until next time, love y'all,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment