Thursday, November 12, 2015

Makeup I Wear For Work

Hello pretty people!
    It feels like an eternity since I posted anything ( it's been only about two weeks though). I've been super busy finishing up my last week of psychology and intermediate algebra, finding time to workout, having a new job at a grocery store, and in between all that trying to find spare time for my friends and boyfriend. All of these factors have meant that blogging has been on the back burner. For me, blogging is not my career, it's mainly just a hobby and a way to further my independent writing. I love sharing my thoughts with you all, but realistically it's very difficult for me to stick to a set schedule. Ideally i'd like to get in at least 2 posts a week, maybe on Wednesday and Saturdays? Tell me what you all think in the comments at the bottom of this post. But for now, let's talk about makeup!
    At my new job I am a cashier. It's not a very glamorous job, but it pays for my phone and my trip to Haiti which is coming up at the end of June, as well as for fun activities with friends and some food here and there. I like to keep my makeup very minimal at work, mainly focusing on perfecting my skin, adding in a few lashings of mascara, a swipe of eyeliner, and some lip balm to keep me from chapping.

    To prep my skin, I begin by washing my face and applying a nice dosage of Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream to my skin, allowing that to soothe and sink into my skin. Once I feel it's absorbed well enough, I go in with the Dr. Young Anti Pore Balm which works wonder on my skin, smoothing over the bumps and filling in my pores very nicely.
    I've been applying the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Makeup to my face with a stippling brush, and blend it in with buffing circles. It provides a fair amount of coverage and my dermatologist recommended me to find some foundation that is non comedogenic, so this fit's the bill.
    I've been using the baking technique for my concealer for quite some time, but I didn't exactly know what it was called. However, baking is basically the term for allowing the concealer to settle into your skin before touching it. For my concealer I've been reaching for the Maybelline Master Conceal, which provides great coverage on my spots and it nice and long wearing.
     To set my base makeup, I've been using the Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in 115, which is almost a translucent shade, with a slight beige tint. I like to take a small fluffy brush and blend out the concealer that had been baking before going back in with a large powder brush.
    My go-to and fool-proof eyebrow routine is to apply the Etude House Perfect Brow Kit with and angled brush to spoolied eyebrows. I like to lightly fill in any sparse areas and smooth the brush through the rest.
      I use a combination of the Cargo High Pigment pencil and the Starlooks Pro Longwear Liner to define my eyes. I use the Cargo one for tight lining, and create a thin line across my upper lash line with the Starlooks pen, which has a very nice fine tipped felt point for extra precision. I finish off my eyes with a quick lashing of mascara, because nothing looks more awkward then eye makeup without mascara. A quick wiggle through my lashes a couple of times coming in at different angles does the trick.
    Lastly I finish it all off with the Burt's Bees Original lip balm, which keeps my lips from getting dry and cakey in that grocery store temperature.
   
    That's all for today! I hope you all enjoyed, if you did be sure to comment down below any questions, comments, requests, and recommendations. Until next time,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment