Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Beauty On A Budget: Base Products


Hello pretty people!
    As a student, I often find myself with a very tight budget. Between putting money aside for a outreach trip to Haiti next July and paying for different monthly bills, makeup isn't something I can always spend a lot on. With this is mind, I wanted to create a post, for all of my readers out there who like to stretch their money out, and know that they are investing in good products. My plan is to make this a series, so today I'm going to start with everyone's favorite: base products. So let's get started shall we?


1. Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller


    As far as under eye circles are concerned, I like something that I know will help them out, rather than just slapping on product over top of them. It uses micro-circulation to  massage the under eye area, reducing the puffy appearance that comes from lack of sleep, while concealing your dark circle with a tinted formula that clinically helps to reduce their appearance. I rarely get a good amount of sleep, and this product is an absolute life saver for those morning when I look like a zombie. It prices around $12 USD, but it literally last forever, so it's definitely worth the cost.

2. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily Anti-Acne BB Cream


    I love a good BB cream and I highly recommend this one by Garnier for anyone who deals with acne. It's very moisturizing, but doesn't get oily on me, and won't cling to flaky skin either. It contains salicylic acid and it won't clog up the pores at all. I started using this when I was on vacation back in May, and I have to say, it is immensely impressive. My skin was very irritated and red from many days out by the beach tanning, and this BB cream was so soothing! It has amazing coverage for how light weight it is and is clinically proven to help reduce redness. It prices at $10 and is a must have!

3. Physicians Formula Talc Free Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder


    I always say that Physicians Formula does an amazing powder, so I can't recommend them enough! I love setting my makeup with a light dusting of this, and let me tell you, it is a life saver on mornings that you are in a hurry. Because it's a mineral powder, it is ideal for sensitive skin types because it won't over stimulate and irritate your face. I really like the airbrushing one because it makes my skin look flawless in a non cakey way. It is priced at $13.95, but last for an eternity!

4. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush


    I really enjoy a naturally flushed looking cheek. The bouncy blush line does that exactly. It gives a light wash of color, perfect for everyday natural wear. It has a unique formula that finishes to a powder, but applies like a gel seamlessly. It's ideal for students, makeup beginners, and anyone looking for a more natural look. It's very buildable, so you can easily determine how intense you want it to look. It is priced at $8.00


    As always I hope you enjoyed my post! If you have any questions, comments, requests or recommendations, leave them for me in the comments and I'll get back to you ASAP. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment