Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What's In My Makeup Bag: Summer Edit

Hello pretty people!
    It's quite ironic that I'm writing this post today. The high is about 65 degrees Fahrenheit :( However, since I haven't shared the products that I've been addicted to this season, I figured better late than never. So lets jump right on into it shall we?



Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation I only recently started wearing foundation. I've always been a BB cream or CC cream because of the benefits that accompany them. But after hearing the hype coming off of this product, I decided to see if I liked it. It is a medium coverage natural finish foundation that is heavy in antioxidants and Actyl-C which is a concentrated form of Vitamin C. I like to take this foundation on with a damp beauty blender to create a more natural, lighter weight look.

Maybelline Mast Concealer   While I like my foundations to be on the light side, I NEED a full coverage concealer. All summer I've really been liking this formula, although it is important to not apply it to thickly or over too large expanses to prevent your skin from looking cakey or too heavy. I like to use the tip of my beauty blender and dab the concealer on the spot. When using the beauty blender, it'll give a more natural coverage to the skin.

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Loose Powder  I've always been a fan of mineral powders. They work really nicely with my skin and also provide better coverage than when I set with regular powder. It has soothing plant extracts, antioxidants, Vitamin C and Vitamin E to really pamper the skin. I like to use the dab and swirl method when applying powders. Which simply means that I take the product on a powder brush and dab the product into my skin and create circular motions to blend it in. The dabbing creates coverage and the swirling blends it out.

Pur Minerals Hot Rocks I love a natural looking blush. This one gives a really pretty glow to the cheeks and adds some color. I like to swirl this onto the apples of my cheeks and blend it out with a stippling brush. It adds some needed warmth to the skin, after concealing any natural flush you might have had with foundation.

M.A.C Woodwinked Eyeshadow This has been the go-to for me. It's a gorgeous warm antique gold shade that is the perfect all over lid color for the warm months. It's the only eyeshadow I've been using for the past couple of months. I do a light sweep with a fluffy brush as the base and pack it on more into the outer corners with a firm eyeshadow brush. It adds some shimmer to the eyes in a natural kind of way that suits daytime wear. I also like to outline my eyes using an angled brush with this eyeshadow. When the light hits it, it looks amazing!

Memebox I'm Eyeliner in Night This eyeliner is an amazing dupe for the Urban Decay glide on eye pencils, for a fraction of the price, coming in at $5. It is a gel pencil waterproof eyeliner, and this stuff does not budge! In the summer my tight line eyeliner often transfers down to my lower water line. But not with this little baby. I apply it to my tight line to subtly define my lashes, and give them a fuller look and it lasts in place all day.

Physicians Formula BB Mascara This stuff makes my eyelashes look amazing! It is enriched with coconut oil, which gives a dose of love to the lashes. It lengthens them and provides a glossy wash of pigment. It looks really nice on and doesn't give lashes a clumped up look. I like to wiggle the big bristle part through my lashes and do a good even coat on upper and lower lashes. I finish it off wiht a sealing waterproof mascara to insure it's staying power.

Clinique ColorPop Lipstick in Bare I'm loving the formula of this lipstick! My grandma was a big fan of Clinique, and after she passed, I kept some of her eyeshadow, and that was my experience with the company. After reading rave reviews from gh0stparties blogger Kate, I decided to give it a try. The shade Bare works great with my skintone during the summer months, really enhancing my tan. It's a warm neutral shade with shimmers, and looks similar to the Clinique lipstick in Think Bronze which has been discontinued. But it gives a similar effect in enhancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment