Saturday, August 15, 2015

5 Things: End of The Week Favorites #7


Hello pretty people!
    With the end of the week comes my end of the week favorites. This week I've been going to a conference almost every single night! That plus work has left me feeling so tired, but there is a bright spot. I'm currently visiting my family right now, and it is such a great way to end the week! Since I had an event every single night this week, a lot of my favorites are makeup products. So shall we just dive right on in?


    First off is the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Honeymoon Honey. This shade is described as a neutral brown. It works great on the hollow's of my cheeks, acting as a lightweight bronzer. It goes on really smoothly and leaves a natural, contoured look. I really like how long lasting it is, going throughout the hours without ever looking blotchy. I like applying this with the Real Technique's Expert Face Brush to really buff this into my skin.


    MAC Woodwinked is steadily becoming my absolute favorite eye shadow. I've been loving to sweep this all over my lid with a big fluffy brush, and dragging it onto my lash lines to define my eye some. It gives me such a great summery look, but in a very subtle and natural way. It's a gorgeous warm bronzed gold that is sooooooo pretty. I got this only a little less then a month ago, and it's been the only thing I've used since!


     I've had the NYC Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in White for ages, but I only recently started using it a lot. I found a trick that really opens up my eyes and adds so much depth and dimension. I apply it on my upper lash line and into my inner corners and drag it halfway on my waterline. Once I have it where I want it, I blend it out with a firm eye shadow brush. Viola! It's like magic.


     I'd been hearing about the Clinique Color Pop lipsticks for a while around the blog community, so I decided to purchase one to see how I liked it. I picked the shade Bare pop as per my sister's strong recommendation since it enhanced my tan. It's a very long lasting and moisturizing formula that doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips. This particular shade is a bronzey pink with a shimmer to it. It looks great on green and hazel eyes, really enhancing the tone and shade, which is a big portion of why I like this product.


     This book!! AHH!!! I think I read it in about 4 days. Since I'm crap at describing books that I recommend, my friends at Goodreads are going to help me out :)

"When Rose’s mom dies, she leaves behind a brown paper bag labeled Rose’s Survival Kit. Inside the bag, Rose finds an iPod, with a to-be-determined playlist; a picture of peonies, for growing; a crystal heart, for loving; a paper star, for making a wish; and a paper kite, for letting go.

As Rose ponders the meaning of each item, she finds herself returning again and again to an unexpected source of comfort. Will is her family’s gardener, the school hockey star, and the only person who really understands what she’s going through. Can loss lead to love?"


     That wraps up my week! While maybe not the most eventful week of my life, it was still a pretty good one. Tell me how your week was in the comments, as well as any requests or recommendations and I'll get back to you ASAP. Love ya'll so much
Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment