Thursday, August 13, 2015

How To Find Your Perfect Clay Mask!


Hello pretty people!
    While I'm usually a pretty busy human, I do like to take the time to relax at least once a week by soaking in the tub with a good read and let the warm water work out all the tension my back carries throughout the week. But even if I don't have a enough time to soak up some TLC, I always like to apply a clay mask at least twice a week. At the most, I'll apply a mask 3 times a week, but I try not to get too carried away. Each mask I use has it's own special claims, so to fully give my skin the love it needs, I often have to use different masks to get pretty skin. Why, you might ask? With all the many different types of clay out there, each one will do something unique for your skin. Here's a quick run down:

Green Clay:
     Green clay is rich in minerals like Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorous, Silica, Manganese, Copper, Potassium, Selenium and Silicon. The minerals make this type of clay great for oily skin types as well as those who struggle with acne. Although you do have to limit your amount that you use, because too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Green clay can irritate the skin and cause it to breakout and become irritated.

Bentonite Clay:
     Sourced from volcanic origin, this type of clay is rich in magnesium. It's unique formula helps to heal and draw out the impurities in your skin. Once hydrated, it's molecular and electrical components produce electrical charges, causing it to swell like a sponge, ready to soak in anything. This mask type is also great for acne and oily skin types since it draws out any gunk that is left in your pores.

Kaolin Clay:
    Also known as White Clay, is rich in Calcium, Silica, Magnesium, and Zinc.  It's a more drying formula, but it has great antibacterial and natural absorbent properties, making this great for oily skin.


     With all these different types of masks it can be pretty confusing and difficult to maneuver around which one is suitable for you. I personally like the ones that help with pores and acne the most, so I find myself gravitating towards the bentonite, and green clay masks the most. These are such staple for me, since I have oily/combination skin that can often get flaky and have a build up of dry skin. Clay masks are so amazing for helping to naturally and gently exfoliate your skin.


1. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

      One of Amazon's most beloved masks, is one of my favorites too. A midwife my mother worked with once said how amazing this mask is for the pregnant mothers to help with hormonal acne that they would get. Being someone who struggles with that kind of acne, this has been a god send. It's very potent at cleaning out the pores and makes my skin look 10x better. When you first use it there is a time frame when your acne can flare up, since this mask draws out all the impurities in your skin, but after that, it's smooth sailing.

2. Boot's Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask
 
   
     While a semi new addition to my mask collection, it is slowly becoming one of my favorites. This is great for oily/acne skin, drawing out impurities and clarifying. This mask contains mineral rich ocean clay which has a negative electrical charge that acts like a magnet helping to draw out deeply rooted impurities from the skin. Since it's not a drying formula, it leaves the skin soft and smooth.

3. Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
   

    This is a favorite of all my Korean friends. One Unni actually picked this up for me from Innisfree's home base on Jeju Island last summer. This mask has volcanic clay clusters which effectively absorbs sebum and resolves pore problems. It also feels nice and cooling on the skin, leaving a tingly feeling during application. You can really see the difference with this mask very quickly in your pores size and also decreases the size of blemishes too.

     So that concludes this post! I hope that it helped you with the hard decision of which clay to use. Always keep in mind not to over do it, to avoid drying out your gorgeous skin. I like to use a clay mask 2-3 times as week at the most. As always if you have any questions, comments, or requests, leave them for me in the comments and I'll get back to you ASAP. Love ya'll so much!
Grace

Song to check out:
Ready for You- Hunter Hunted
   

No comments:

Post a Comment