Friday, June 26, 2015

5 Things: End of the Week Favorites #3


Hello Fair Ones!
    Oooh new intros are fun. So anyway, this is the 3rd installment of my weekly favorites and I gotta say, this week it was a slight challenge. I didn't really have too many things stand out to me super strongly, but I was impressed with a couple new things I've been trying. Or maybe the cause of my lackluster attitude is from working 22 hours the past couple days. This wouldn't be that bad if I had gotten some sleep, however I got 4hrs on Wednesday, 3 1/2 on Thursday, and finally managed to get around 5 1/2 hours of sleep last night. Needless to say, I've been devouring coffee.

   Speaking of coffee, that leads me to my first favorite of the week. So when I lived in New York during middle school, Tim Hortons' was the place get your coffee from. Not Starbucks (although there were a lot of those around too), not Dunkin ( wish I were running off of that right now), but Tim Hortons. You may have not heard of it, I didn't until I lived a in North Eastern state. But this week, given my utter lack of sleep and energy, while trying to manage college algebra, I found myself brewing a cup of one of the most delicious smelling coffees, EVER! Tim Hortons' French Vanilla is a new staple of mine and since I got mine at a discounted rate, it makes me love it even more. It's a medium Arabian roast that has such an amazing fragrance and taste very delicious. I've found my new favorite coffee blend.

    Along with my new coffee find, I've also found a foundation that is, surprisingly, amazing. I speak of the Maybelline Better Skin Foundation. And while it is a newer product for me, I really like. I've been wearing it to work for the past week. Work involves lots of sun and sweat and water and dirt, but this foundation has yet to budge on me throughout the day. I really like how it feels on my skin because it doesn't weigh it down and provides a really nice coverage. I'm a big fan and I definitely want to try out the concealer now, in hopes that it is just as amazing. I have combination skin so anything that doesn't feel heavy on my T-zone and still feels moisturizing for my cheeks, is a winner.

    Also throughout the week, I've been using the Freeman's Feeling Beautiful Purifying Acia Clay Mask which claims to neutralize damage caused by the environment while drawing out impurities and clean out clogged pores. I love this mask. It does a really nice job of clearing up my temperamental skin. It's kept me pretty clear this past week and making me feel more confident in my face sans makeup. It dries really nicely and once rinsed off leaves the skin feeling very soft.

    On a non beauty related subject, I wanted to talk to you all about a struggle of mine. Being a runner my hips have a tendency to be tight. Maybe tight is an understatement. That being said I'm always on the lookout for stretches that make me feel happy. Enter BrettLarkinYoga's Stretches for Hip Pain. This really gets deep into my hips and make me feel like a million dollars afterwards, or at least I feel like my hips aren't in a rebellion.

   Lastly, is yet another song. I really have been jamming out to my country playlist on Spotify this week and one of the many songs that I've been listening to, is Peter Pan by Kelsea Ballerini. This girl can seriously do no wrong in my books. Her voice is sweet and the twang is super pretty with the strong guitars throughout the song with a really nice beat. The song is really beautiful as well and kinda speaks to me right now. I'm loving it and I definitely recommend it if you enjoy sweet sounding country.
    I hope you all had an amazing week and I'll talk to you soon! If you enjoyed this post, tell me in the comments. I love you all so much!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment