Sunday, June 21, 2015

5 Things: End of the Week Favorites #2

Hello Everyone!
     Another week of Summer bites the dust, and along with the weekend, comes a favorites of the week post! This past week I went on a short trip to Michigan with my mom and enjoyed a wonderful couple of days with my Aunt and little cousins. Needless to say, not a lot of sleep was had ;) But in light of that, I'm a little late getting to this post, seeings how yesterday when I was supposed to upload this post I drove home from MI, went to a baby shower, hopped on over to a grad party, drove an hour to get home, shower off the mud and bug spray, and didn't see the comfort of my bed until 11 pm. But I'm here now, mostly rested, and ready to share my favorites with you! Let's jump on in.


    On my nails over the past week, I've been wearing a magical combination. Sinful Colors does such a nice nail polish and at $2 a pop, you really can't go wrong. I did about 3 coats of the shade "Let Me Go" which is a seriously gorgeous light and iridescent purple that had a multi-chrome of blue-green and teeny tiny, microscopic blue shimmers. It goes on pretty thin, but the effect is absolutely gorgeous! And to finish everything off, I did a finishing coat of "Charmed" which a silver nail polish with tiny pink multi-shimmers. The nails stayed on for a good 5 days without any topcoat without chipping in the slightest bit, and were so magical looking that I've started calling it unicorn nails. I'm more than just a little bit obsessed with this combination, mainly because depending on the angle and lighting, it can look several different ways. Think fairies, princesses, and magic that pictures can't do justice lol.


     Being an avid runner has so many benefits. Not only does it tone up your body and help you shed off excess pounds, but it gives off the best endorphins ever! I have a goal of running 5 miles straight by the end of the summer without feeling too much pain, so I've been running 4-5 times a week. My parents house is surrounded by hills so my legs have become a lot stronger. With that new added strength though, comes a lot of sore muscles. Enter the Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Body Lotion. Now before you go too crazy on me about using a winter inspired product in the summer, lemme just tell ya: This lotion gives off the best and most soothing cooling sensation on the skin. I love applying it after my shower to my legs and let the peppermint oil do it's thing. Peppermint is a natural soothing herb and it is great for sore muscles, so it has been great for my legs. And yes, I do smell like a candy cane.


    During the week, I began using the Purminerals Hot Rocks which is my latest addiction for my cheeks. This powder gives off a gorgeous and subtle warm toned pink. It's perfect for everyday wear and gives the skin some crazy glow in a very natural way. I've been liking to apply it with a powder brush after my bronzer and it gives me perfect glowing skin for the warmer months, giving me an ultra beach babe vibe.


    As I mentioned above, I spent half of the week up in Michigan visiting family. And while I love my little cousins to pieces because lets face it, they are just so frickin' cute, they wake up very early. And by very early, I'm talking like 5:45 am. Now me, being the night owl that I am, stayed up each night til about 1:00-1:30 ish, leaving me completely dependant on my Jesus juice (aka Coffee) and the ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Glow. This powder and cream had a baby hybrid eyeshadow is the perfect inner corner brightener, giving me an instant wide awake look. Glow is a luminescent matte vanilla shadow that is a perfect way to give you a subtle and natural looking 8 1/2 hours of sleep.

    Lastly, is a song I haven't been able to get out of my head all week. Love Like This (Acoustic) by Kodaline* is a chill and laid back version of their ever popular song. It's mellow and gives you a slightly melancholy feelings, as opposed to the upbeat version. It puts me in a place that makes me super creative, and gives me the feels. Seriously, give it a listen. It has a strong piano lead, and soft acoustic guitar in the background that encompass beautiful and strong lead vocals and accentuate the soft harmonies. Basically, I've been singing this song all week.

    So that's it folks! I hope that you enjoyed the second edition of my End of the Week Favorites. I really enjoy doing these, because I'm super indecisive and my style and tastes change so much, that it's almost impossible to remember everything I loved if I just did a monthly favorites. What product have you been crazy about this week? Tell me in the comments! Love y'all so much!
Grace

*You can find it easiest on Spotify

3 comments: