Sunday, July 5, 2015

What's in My Travel Beauty Bag


Hello Everyone!
    Sorry for the lack of posts last week. During the summer we have a group of teens do an outreach for a week in inner city Cleveland. That went from Sunday till Thursday. Friday I spent time with my sister, and didn't even get a chance to touch my camera till late that night, and Saturday I spent the day working out, running to get groceries, swinging from bales of hay, riding fair rides, eating fried foods and watching fireworks light up an empty field. But today I'm here to show you the makeup items I take with me when I travel. There are a few staple products, and a handful of products that interchange depending on what I will be doing on my trip, however the overall products remain the same.

~Face~

    Generally, I'll bring my regular foundation routine with me on every trip. I like to take compact products and and try to steer clear of any loose packaging to avoid powder spills. My favorite base, no matter where I am is the Dr. Young Anti Pore Balm, because it really smooths the surface of my skin, prepping it for my other base products. I take my regular foundation, which right now is the Maybelline Better Skin Foundation, because it leaves a very natural finish on my skin and never feels heavy on my skin, which is perfect for the long days that come with travelling. I like to pair that foundation with the Maybelline Master Concealer for my horrid dark circles, and set everything with the Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder. I swear by Physicians Formula, and I always take the Bronze Booster with my for a touch of summer glow everywhere I go. For Blush, I've been liking to take the Pur Minerals Hot Rocks with me everywhere I go because it gives a very natural flush that works with every makeup look I go for.


~Eyes~

    The eyes are generally the area that interchanges the most. Depending on where I'm going that week or what I'm going to be doing I'll take different products. But on my last trip, these are the items I stored away in my bag. I like to take the Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer with me everywhere I go. It has never failed me and keeps my oily eyelids from creasing during these hot summer months. My eyebrow routine has been the exact same thing ever since I bought the Etude House Perfect Brow Kit. It literally is perfect for me and gives me the most natural look since it's a powder product. Eyeshadows always change up, but lately I've really like the Covergirl Sheerly Nudes palette which has really nice muted brown and pink colors that are super easy to work with. My go to tightline eyeliner of the moment is the Memebox I'm Eyeliner in Black. It's extremely waterproof and stays put all day. I like to pair my looks with liquid liner, and I've really been liking the thin line I get with the Skinfood Sweet Almond Eyeliner in Black. Mascara's come and go for my travelling, but since the Physician's Formula Organic Wear BB Mascara is my newest obsession, I've been liking to take it with me, although not a good waterproof formula, it gives me tons of length and definition.

~Lips~

     No matter where I'm going, one thing stays the same. I always have at least two or three EOS Lip Balms with me at all times. They do a great job of moisturizing my lips and providing some SPF to keep me from getting sun burnt lips, which is such an uncomfortable feeling. The colors change up a lot, but something I've really been liking is the MAC Coral Bliss Cremesheen, which gives a super subtle hint of coral to your lips. I really like having a natural vibe to my lips with some gloss for a hydrated and healthy look, which is what I get when I pair these two babies together.

    That's what I like to take with me! I have yet to find a makeup bag big enough for me, so I've been toting things around in a plastic baggy. Not the classiest thing in the world, but it serves it's purpose nicely enough. I hope that you enjoyed going through my travel makeup bag! Be sure to comment any thoughts or questions and I'll get back to you ASAP. I love you all so much!
Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment