Saturday, June 13, 2015

5 Things: End of the Week Favorites #1


Hi Everyone!
      Today I'm starting  new end of the week series! Each week I'm going to share with you 5 things that I've been loving throughout the week. I figured I would do this on my blog and at the end of the month, I'd do a favorites video on my YouTube. So let's begin!
    This past week was pretty relaxed and chill. I'm still doing some math courses for school, but besides from that, I've had a pretty free schedule. Besides working only one day this week, I had a pretty uneventful week.
    But I got to try out some new brushes that I recently purchased. One of them being the Real Technique's Expert Face Brush, which is so amazing! It does a fantastic job of blending in my liquid products. It gives a very natural finish and doesn't leave any streaks on my face. It also helps to provide more coverage when you do stippling motions. This brush is made specifically for cream and liquids and works perfectly with my BB creams. It's made with ultra plush, synthetic brushes which are hand cut and completely cruelty free.

    Another brush I've been trying out is the BH Cosmetics Flat Blending Brush which has been amazing to apply and blend out crease colors. It's super soft and gives shadows a really nice soft, almost stained on look, which I think is perfect for the warmer months.


     I've been trying to use my eyeshadow palettes lately, and I've been attempting to use more of the Tarte Golden Days and Sultry Nights palette which has 5 gorgeous colors, 3 of which I've been using a ton this week. Whenever I've had anywhere to go, I pop the light matte brown into my crease, the matte cream onto my inner corners, and go around my eyes with the gorgeous warm toned shimmery brown. It creates such a nice, soft, and sultry look to the eyes. Another added bonus is that it takes literally only a few minutes and lasts forever, even without primer underneath. I've very impressed with these shadows, and they just might become summertime essentials.

    I've been wearing Essie's Blossom Dandy which is a gorgeous mint creme hydrangea that could easiest be described as an eye catching light blue with a hint of spring mint green. I picked up this shade at Target before I went on vacation earlier in the month of May and have been wearing it ever since. Not only is it drop dead gorgeous, but also for all of my tan ladies out there, this nail polish is boss at accentuating your new bronzed look, I know I've been loving it for that reason. The formula is very nice and has a medium thickness that is uber easy to apply.

    Lastly is something I've had ever since I ombred my hair last year. Garnier Fructis Marvelous Oil Color Illuminate Elixir has become a staple in my hair care routine. It helps combat frizz and helps my hair from drying out in the crazy heat and humidity that comes with Ohio summers. It also helps my hair dry faster and leaves it soft and silky with moringa and sweet orange oil. I've always had really good experiences with Garnier hair care treatment type products and this one is definitely no exception for colored hair.


    What products do you like this week? What was your past week like? Tell me in the comments! As always I hope you all enjoyed this post. I will see you soon and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin to keep up with all my posts! Love you all,
Grace

Song Favorite of the Week:
Crash and Burn- Thomas Rhett

No comments:

Post a Comment