Monday, June 8, 2015

Beauty Box 5 Review: May SOS Box


Hi Everyone!
    The past couple months I've been wanting to try out some subscription services. I had gotten a Beauty Box Five a few years ago because I was interested in the natural products that this box carries in it. So last month I decided to try it out again. While the products are good quality, the selection isn't my favorite, so I've cancelled my subscription to them and switched to Ipsy. But today I wanted to share the products that came in the May SOS box.

     The theme of his box is Super Outstanding Skin, which I thought meant that I was going to get a lot of skincare products. Not so much. A strange thing is that I like the non skincare items in this box 10x more then the skincare products.

1. Bio Swiss Mini Tweezer
     I can't complain too much about this because these tweezers are very good quality and I've been using them since receiving this box. They do a good job of removing even those super tiny and annoying strays from my eyebrows.

2. Dermalogica Active Moist
     This lotion is supposed to help with oily skin and help combat slick skin throughout the day with a lightweight formula. I've used this once since receiving my box and have to say that I didn't notice anything too special about this besides a good moisturizer for combination skin, but definitely not worth $60.

3. Ahava 3 Piece Skincare Sample
    Out of this set, I've tried the hand cream, which I thought had a nice thick texture, but had a grandma perfume scent to it. I am looking forward to the other products in this kit though since I've been meaning to try Ahava for awhile now.

4. Styli-Style Glide-On Blush Stick in Pretty Pink
    This blush has a good creamy formula and decent pigmented pink with silver shimmers in it. While I have yet to use it on my cheeks, I've swatched it and thought it looked very wearable and good for everyday use.

5. BH Cosmetics Eye Shadow Brush
    I really like this brush. I've been using it a lot since receiving it. It sweeps eye shadows nicely on the lids for a soft finish, which I've been loving for the summer months. I also love the feeling of new makeup brushes, and this one is definitely no exception!

Overall: While this box is not my absolute favorite in the world, I do like some of the things that I received. I'd have to give this a 4/5 because while I'm not too impressed with the things chosen for me skincare wise, I love the beauty items that came in this box. But sadly, nothing about this subscription service has ever given me that "wow" factor. Finger's crossed that I enjoy Ipsy better.

     Thank you all so much for joining me today and as always I hope that you enjoyed this post. If you have any thoughts, comments, or questions, leave them for me in the comment section and I'll get back to you ASAP. Love you all so much!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment