Monday, June 22, 2015

Buy and Try #1: Drugstore Beauty


Hello Everyone!
    Wow I'm just totally feeling the need to start a million and one new series. I purchase a pretty good amount of things throughout my days and I thought instead of calling my hauls, well, hauls, that I would put my own twist on it with the series "Buy and Try". Number 1: it rhythms and Number 2: I'm not creative enough to come up with a different name. So whenever I buy something new spread out across, let's say, a week, I'll share the items with you at some point in time or another.
    Today I went to one of my favorite places in the entire shopping world: Target. And of course in classic white girl status, I proceeded to get my Starbucks ( grande iced non-fat latte with a packet of Sugar in the Raw) and parooze the aisle scouring for new goodies. Also I had a list in my mind of things that I have on my summer buying wishlist that I knew I could pick up, and so I did. While there was definitely an impulse purchase, I can honestly say, I regret nothing. So let's jump into what I got myself.

     First off a picked up yet another tube of the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. I've used St. Ives scrubs periodically throughout my skincare experience and have yet to have any complaints, and seeings how I don't always want to make my own face scrub, I grabbed it up. This product claims to unclog dirt and oil from pores, helping clear blackheads and calm redness. It has a really nice and gentle texture and smells like matcha tea. I'm excited to use this product again and hopefully I like as much as I previously have.

    I've only ever tried one Maybelline foundation, and it was the Dream Matte Mousse  when I first started wearing makeup. I don't remember too much about it, except that it made me look a little orange and cakey. But I'm on the hunt for the perfect summer foundation and I watched Saaammage do a first impressions video on the Maybelline Better Skin foundation, so I wanted to give it a shot. I got shade 25 Nude Beige, seeings how my face is paler than the rest of my body and I want it to look even. This product is supposed to provide all day color wear with Actyl C which is known for it's antioxidant benefits. So I'm interested to see what happens.

    Physicians Formula is my go to brand for mineral powders, and I've been wanting to try their other products, so I grabbed their Organic Wear BB Mascara. The BB stands for bigger better lashes. This product supposedly has a Coconut Cocktail infusion of coconut water, pea peptide and a refreshing coconut scent that naturally boosts lashes and can expand hair diameter by increasing hydration, supporting lash length and boosting lash luster. Basically, it claims to volumize, lengthen, thicken, define, lift, build, prime, sculpt, condition, and nourish the eye lashes. I'm very, very curious to see if it lives up to the hype it has created for itself.

    Lastly is my impulse purchase. I was finally leaving the beauty section when out of the corner of my eye, I spyed a pale pink and shimmery nail polish. Sally Hansen has created a new line called Pearl Crush which is have a unique combination of special effect pigmentation that interact with layers of large glitter particles. The result is supposed to be a a one of a kind iridescent reflection inspired by the mother of pearl for an intense, unpredictable radiant glow. I picked up the shade She Sells which is a light ballerina pink. I'm painting this one my nails tonight!

    That's it for my first Buy and Try! I hope you all enjoy this new series and tell me in the comments anything you'd like to see in the future: I'm always open to new ideas! As always, I love y'all so much, and I will talk to you *fingers crossed* on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment