Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Strobing for Everyday Wear


Hello pretty people!
     The newest trend that everyone is obsessing over is a technique called strobing. Strobing is highlighting on steroids, basically. It's taking the driver's side and pushing contouring to the back seat. For those of us who have always had trouble with heavy contouring, strobing is a simple process of accentuating the high points of the face with highlighter. By pushing forwards your features, it will create a slim shape for the rest of the face. While I love the look of strobing, it's not entirely realistically wearable for the everyday working woman or student. So I wanted to share how to use this new trend in a sophisticated and professional way for everyday wear; Perfect for a day at the office to school to date night.It's a slightly matte approach to the strobing technique. Let's jump into this tutorial shall we?

1. First off apply a brightening and moisturizing base over your face. I'm using the Pixi Fresh Face Primer which really helps to enhance a healthy skin tone.

2. Apply your favorite luminizing foundation. Here I'm using the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation and applying it with the Real Technique's stippling brush to provide a fuller coverage to my skin, whilst keeping it natural.

3. Apply your favorite liquid highlighter to the high points of your face. I dotted the Jelly Pong Pong Liquid Gossamer along my cheek bones, brow bone, chin, cupid's bow, nose and in between my eyebrows for an overall glow and blended it out with a dense foundation brush.

4. If your like me and have oily skin, set the liquid highlight with a powder one, I'm using the Philosophy Color of Grace Shimmering Face Powder and a big fluffy brush. I took my regular powder (Neutrogena Healthy Skin) and set the outer portions of my face.


    That's all for this look! Of course you can totally make this your own by using different products to make it even stronger, I just like a more natural look. If you liked this tutorial, tell me in the comments as well as any thoughts, questions, recommendations and requests, and I'll get back to you ASAP. What is your favorite product to strobe with? Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment