Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Holiday Party Makeup


Hello pretty people!
    It is that time of year again: friends and family getting together during the advent to celebrate love and the holidays. This tutorial incorporates warm tones and a bright red lip to ring in the season with some yule tide joy. It ties together some classic elements with a fun hip and young twist. Let's get started shall we?

1. First, apply a copper toned gold all over the lower portion of the lid. I'm using the ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in KathleenLights with my finger tip.

2. Take a warm caramel brown and apply it into the crease. I'm using the ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Cornelious and blending it in with my finger tip. This shade is really great for a transition between golds and neutral creams.

3. Apply a warm toned medium brown to the outer-v and lower lash line. Here I'm using the ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Blaze which is a really nice and creamy golden brown shade, with a my finger before blending it in with a fluffy brush.

4. To add some shimmer, I'm taking the Pony X Memebox Shine Easy Brown Palette and using the shade Fair Brown which is a champagne glitter, onto the inner corner and tear duct. I recommend using a flat brush and some kind of mist to help pack this color on.

5. Take a black eyeliner and tight line the upper lash line, follow by a nude eyeliner on the inner 2/4 of the lower lash line. Here I used the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black and Nude.

6. To add a touch of classic holiday glamour, take a black liquid liner and create a thin wing. I used the Starlooks Pro Longwear liner for this. A little trick to get a perfect wing, is to use tape and place it at an angle starting at the lower lash line, to help guide your hand.

7. I'm not a big fan of fake lashes, but if you are now would be the time to apply them. I just went in with an eyelash curler to open up my eyes, before applying a good lashing of mascara. I used the Memebox I'm Mascara which creates really long and voluminous lashes.

 8. Apply a warm toned blush that has gold shimmers to the hollows of the cheeks. This will help to add depth and enhance the gold shades we used on the lids. Here I used the Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore with the Ecotools Powder Brush.

9. To tie in all of the gold colors, apply a golden highlight to the high points of your face. I used the Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Hula Hula and the Ecotools Powder Brush to my cheekbones, nose, and chin.

10. Lastly to finish off this whole look, apply your favorite red lipstick. If you need some red lip recommendations, I did a whole post on it, which you can find here. Here I used the Pony X Memebox Lipstick in Rose Garden, which is a great neutral red shade. To clean up the edges I went in with a concealer.


     That's it for this post! I hope you all enjoyed this Holiday Party Makeup look. Be sure to leave me any comments, questions, recommendations, and requests in the down bar and I'll get back to you ASAP. What is your favorite accessory for holiday parties? Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment