Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hyuna Red Makeup Tutorial


    Hi!!
    It seems like forever since I've done a makeup tutorial for Hyuna, but since she came out with a new video, I thought it was the perfect time to do another one. I remember making my first tutorial for Hyuna and not even knowing who she was all that well. Believe me, that has definitely changed. I thought that his video was a little weird, but my sister Anna, told me that it's based off of a kids song about the color red, and one line of it talks about the monkey's butt being red, so it explains the beginning. But enough about the monkey, let's jump into this tutorial!

Face~

1. Prime
     Hyuna has perfect skin. I'm not even going to sugar coat it because it's true. To give a flawless glowing look to the skin, prime your face using a glow boosting primer. I'm using the Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Ethereal and apply that with my finger tips.

2. Highlight
     To bring out my facial features better (and amp up the dewy appearance) I'm using a liquid highlighter. The one I'm using is by The Face Shop and is called High Lighter Beam, and is almost identical to Benefit's High Beam. I applied it on my cheek bones and curve it to my brow bone.

3. Base
    To perfect my overall complexion, I'm using a cushion type foundation, for lighter application. I chose to use the Etude House Any Cushion Pact because it's a lighter shade and it also gives my face a natural looking finish. I applied this with the ruby cell puff given.


Eyes~

4. Brows
     You gotta have strong brow game. No matter what look your doing, it's important to frame your eyes properly. Hyuna has a straight brow (very popular in Korea). To give mine that same shape, I filling in my arch and blending everything out with the comb given. I'm using the Skinfood Black Bean Eye Brow Pencil. You got game?

5. Base
     Yes, that is tape on the side of my eye. This helps give me a guideline for this cat shaped eye look. After I taped my eye up, I applied the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere all over my lid, going a little above my crease and going into my inner corners. I patted the product in to set it with my ring finger.

6. Crease
     Last for shadows, I'm applying The Balm's eye shadow in selfish into my crease and 1/4th onto the lower portion of my lid. This color is perfect for this look. I love of Hyuna's eye makeup in this because I never wouldv'e thought to mix gold and gray, but now.... I LOVE it! I used the E.L.F Professional Eye Shadow brush to sweep this shade, lightly at first, and then building the color up on the outer portions.

7. Line
     Use a dark brown eye liner on your lower lash line. I'm using the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Dark Brown. The way I applied this was by applying a little to the outer portion and blending in with a firm flat tipped brush that has the liner on it. This will help to give you a smudged look that Hyuna is sporting in this look.

8. Lash
     For this look, the lashes really have to make a bold statement. While you can opt for falsies, I'm just using the Nature Republic So Big Curling Mascara to give my lashes an amped up look. For some extra bang for your buck, curl your eyelashes before hand. Also don't forget to get those lower lashes!

Lips~

9. Base
     Since we are going to be using a super vibrant and bright shade on the lips, it's important to create a base for the lips, not only to keep them from getting stained, but also to give your lips a perfectly lined look. I'm using the Aritaum Wannabe Cushion Lip Concealer.

10. Stain
     This is the perfect color for this look. I was a tinny bit skeptical at first, but decided that if Hyuna's makeup artists put it together, than it must be okay (; This is the Elle Girl You Say Tint I Say Gloss in Rock Berry and to get this look down, you really have to be precise as to where you put the product. Make sure that your lips are nice and clean around the edges.

Finished Look~

     I hope that you all enjoyed my take on Hyuna's makeup in her comeback song 'Red'. If you guys enjoyed this, make sure to let me know! Also if you have any requests, leave them in the comments. I plan on doing a Ladies Code Makeup tutorial for Kiss Kiss on one of my Korean Unni's, Hyeyeun for next weeks post. Oh, and I you ever wonder what songs I'm jamming to lately, I do have a spotify account. Just search Grace Shipley and you should see me :) Warning, I'm obsessed with The 1975, so brace yourselves. I love you all and will see you next time! Muah <3
Grace ^.^

Song of this post~
Red- Hyuna

No comments:

Post a Comment