Sunday, August 17, 2014

Fiestar 'One More' Jei Makeup Tutorial


Hi Everyone!
    So, I've been a fan of Fiestar for awhile now, and when I saw that they were coming out with a new music video, I automatically knew that I had to do a tutorial for it. My favorite makeup from this video, was Jei's. It was a simple gold look on the eyes and a bright pink gradient on the lips. For this tutorial my friend who visiting from Korea and staying with us for the month, Hyeyeun, is my model. She is so pretty and she loved the end look. While doing this tutorial, we listened to K-Pop and she relaxed in a chair as I did her face, so if her eyes are closed, that's why. Anyway, let's begin!

Face~


1. First thing first, I applied a pore primer over her face with my fingertips. I tapped the product in where her pores looked a little large. I used the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I like it because it makes your skin feel silky and makes everything else apply really nicely.


2. I applied a liquid highlighter to the high points of Hyeyeun's face to bring her features out more. I blended it all in with my fingers. I used The Face Shop High Lighter Beam, which is easily comparable to the Benefit High Beam. The silvery pink shade looks really nice on all skintones. I recommend applying before your foundation or BB cream to give it a more natural look.


3. For her foundation, I used the Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream and mixed in the Nymph Aura Volumer (also by Etude House). This gave her a luminous, glowing look to her skin. But, since the Cotton Fit has a matte finish, it will also have a natural looking effect on her skin. I used my fingers once again. Also once the base was on, I rubbed my hands together and then put them on her face to help the products melt into her skin better.


4. To set everything and give it a overall flawless look, I'm using the Maybelline Fit Me! Pressed Powder in 110. I dusted it lightly across the base products to give it a long lasting finish. I like this powder because it doesn't steal the look of the base products underneath it.

Eyes~


5. Starting on the eyebrows, I'm going to be filling in any sparse areas with the Skinfood Black Bean Eyebrow Pencil and combing it out with the spoolie given on the otherside. Be sure to go along with the natural direction of the brows. I didn't want to try to reshape her brows, because she has a nice straight brow, which is a trend in Korea.


6. To prime her eyes, I used the Skinfood Seaweed Mineral Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in Mineral Beige, stopping below her brow bone. I patted the product into her eye with my ring finger, making sure not to pull as to avoid creating wrinkles.


7. For my base color, I used Half Baked on her eyelid and dragged it down onto her aegyo-sal as well. I applied it with a fluffy brush, and then once more with a more flat brush.


8. This part is a little difficult to explain, but basically, I applied the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Caramel-Cool onto the outer portions of he eye, and went over that with the Innisfree Eco Mineral Eye Shadow in 26 with an angled brush and dragged it from the upper lash line, to the eye tail, to the aegyo-sal.


9. Next, I'm tightlining and dragging it slightly onto the eye tail and smudging it out. Don't Be shy about the tightlining for this look. It should be bolder than normal. I used the NYX Eyeliner in Jet Black.


10. Lastly for the eyes, curl the lashes and apply 2 even coats of volumizing mascara. Make sure to give the lashes a good pump with the eyelash curler. I used the Nature Republic So Big Curling mascara.

Cheeks & Lips~


11. To give Hyeyeun's face a flushed look, I lightly applied the Innisfree Eco Mineral Blush in Romantic Pink with a fluffy brush. I did this by tapping the product onto the apples of her cheeks and then blend out with the excess.


12. First thing to do for the lips, is to conceal them to get rid of any hyper pigmentation. I used the Aritaum Wannabe Cushion Lip Concealer and blended it out with the sponge given on the opposite side.


13.  I applied the Ellegirl Gloss Tint in Rock Berry on the inner portion of her lips and blended it out. I took the lip concealer and applied it on the edges and finished it off with some petroleum jelly to make it look super glossy.

~ Finished Look ~



     That's it for this post! Sorry that I didn't upload on Friday, but I really wasn't feeling very much inspiration. Also this past week my sister Anna and I, started a Korean review blog, where we share recipes, our thoughts on K-Drama's, music video reviews and really anything else that has to do with Korean culture. I'll leave the link in the down bar and be sure to tell me what tutorial you'd like to see next! Love you all soo much!
Gracie^.^


Song of This Post

No comments:

Post a Comment