Friday, August 29, 2014

Kara 'Mamma Mia' Gyrui Makeup Tutorial


Hey Everyone!
    I have another tutorial where my Korean friend Hyeyeun agreed to be the model. This time, I'm doing a look based off of what Gyuri's makeup is in their newest music video, Mamma Mia. The look features bronzed eyes and a bright pink lip, which are actually really complementary. You'd think that it wouldn't but it really works well together. This look also features really pretty smudgy eyeliner, so it was really fun to do. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this, and sadly for now, this is the last post with Hyeyeun, because she left this morning on a flight back to S. Korea :( Shall we begin?

Face~

1. Prime
     I started off by applying a tone correcting primer all over Hyeyeun's face to get rid of any dullness. I love the Pixi Fresh Face Healthy Skin Tone Booster because it's very lightweight and really helps to brighten the look of skin. It starts off orange and it blends into your skin without an oompa-loompa tint.

2. Base
     For foundation, I used the Innisfree Smart Foundation in Water Balancing to her face. I blended it into her skin with a foundation brush and then went over it with my fingers make sure that it was blended in properly. I actually got Hyeyeun really addicted to this product , because it leaves your skin with a really nice finish and feel to it.

3. Set
     To keep the base products in place all day, I set all of it with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder really lightly, because I didn't want this look to be cakey at all.

4. Blush
     Lastly for the face, I applied the Cargo blush in Beach onto the apples of the cheeks, and blending it out to her hairline and onto her temples to give a sunkissed look to the skin.

Eyes~

5. Brows
     First things first (I'm the realest ... lol) eyebrows. I went in with the Skinfood Black Bean Eyebrow Pencil on the sparse areas, then combed it out with the spoolie that they give on the other side.

6. Prime

                             
     Then, I apply the Too Faced Shadow Insurance over the lid to make sure that it stays place all day. This is probably my favorite primer, hands down.

7. Base
     I'm using the Stila eyeshadow in Golden Gate  all over her lid with a fluffy brush and also spreading it down to the lower lashline.

8. Highlight
     To highlight the inner corners, I decided to use Stila's Trolley for this since it keeps the same sunkissed glow.

9. Line
     I went in with the L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner because it looks really nice and smudges super well on the lids. Create a thin line and wing it out slightly. Don't make it you up, just extend the eye line a bit.

10. Lash
    Since Hyeyeun has really straight lashes, I curled them and applied two really good coats of the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara. I gave them a bit more curl with the curler once I applied the mascara, so her eyes wouldn't look heavy.

Lips~

11. Stick
     Lastly for this look, I'm using ( as always), the NYX Black Label Lipstick in Hot Pink all over the lid, but I used a lip brush to get the best control.

~Finished Look~

     I hope that you all enjoyed this tutorial! I had a lot of fun doing it  and if you have any requests for the next look, leave it in the comments. Soon I'll have something other than a tutorial, but I'm trying to catch up with all my girl groups so.... until then, That's what I got for ya. I love you guys soo much and I'll see you next time! Muah!
Grace^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment