Saturday, November 28, 2015

5 Things: End of The Week Favorites #13


Hello pretty people!
    Today I have an installment of the End of The Week Favorites series which I have painfully neglected for the past couple of weeks. I tell myself to write a blog post on Saturdays, but then I go and hang out with my boyfriend for the whole day or work and completely forget once I'm home. I decided that pre-writing these posts and scheduling them to upload would be a wise way to continue on with this series, so let's jump into this shall we?

   
     First off is the Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. Normally, Neutrogena makeup wipes are way to rough on my skin. They leave this uncomfortable burning sensation, especially around my eye area. I've tried the original formula and the hydrating formula, both leaving much to be desired. However, the night calming wipes are a dream! They are very moisturizing and gentle on my skin. Usually I take coconut oil, massage it onto my eyelids and lashes, then wipe everything off with these wipes. It doesn't make my skin feel tight or unnatural, just clean and ready for the next skincare step.

 
      Sticking to skincare, my next favorite is the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. Last time I was at the dermatologist, she prescribed an new acne treatment which can be quite drying. Not only that but the weather has been getting extremely cold where I live, causing my skin to get very dry and flaky. This moisturizer has been a god send to my skin. It's extremely moisturizing without feeling too heavy and wears nicely under makeup. It makes flaky skin a thing of the past, and is extremely gentle on my skin.


     My search for a noncomedogenic base routine, led me to picking up the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Makeup foundation in 40 Nude. This is a perfect color match for me, and is one of my favorite foundations. It has really nice build able coverage and looks very natural on my skin. The finish isn't too dewy or too matte, and enhances my skin a really pretty way. Throughout the week, I've loved to apply it with a thick foundation brush and blend it out with either a stippling brush or beauty sponge.

 
     My dark circles have definitely amped up their game over the past couple of weeks. My job has me waking up pretty early and not allowing me to get a really good amount of sleep. To camouflage the panda eyes, I started using the Sonia Kashuk Liquid Light Concealer in Halo. This concealer has a very nice brightening effect and an addictive creamy consistency that blends out like a dream. I like to use this under my eyes, on my brow bone, down the center of my nose, and on my cupids bow to give a natural highlight effect and blend it out with a beauty sponge.

 
      Lastly is the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara. It doesn't clump up my lashes and gives them a lot of length and volume. It doesn't flake off throughout the day, and even though it isn't waterproof, hold curl really nicely. I recently got this last week in my Ipsy bag and I've been using it ever since. The brush is really nice and big, grabbing all my lashes and enhancing them in a really pretty way.

    That's it for this week everyone! I hope that it treated you well and that next week will be even better. If you have any questions, comments, requests, or recommendations, leave them for me in the comment section and I'll get back to you ASAP. Until next time, love y'all!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment