Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Monthly Makeup Edit: September 2015


Hello pretty people!
   So this is my first monthly makeup post, and I'm excited about this! I'm not a really big fan of monthly favorites, mainly because I switch up my look so often and it's hard to stay dedicated to products throughout an entire month. However, usually during the month, I find certain products that make up my routine. So throughout the month of September I've kept my routine pretty simple, with a slightly shimmery eye and glossy lip with an overall glowing base.

Face:

Dr.Young Anti Pore Balm and Maybelline Better Skin Foundation:
    While I love a good dewy face, because I have combination skin, I need some pore care on my T-Zone. This primer does a really good job of filling in my pores, and it leave the classic silicone feeling to your skin. Not only does it make your skin look good, but it does good with helpful herb extracts.
    As you can tell from the picture, I've been using this foundation like crazy over the summer. While it doesn't provide the greatest oil control or long lasting properties, it does a really good job of leaving a nice and natural finish to my skin, really enhancing the glow and perfecting it. While I didn't notice any skin difference with using this foundation, I do really like how it looks on my skin.

Eyes:
Tarte Golden Days and Sultry Nights Palette/ Physicians Formula Organic Wear BB Mascara/ Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Shadow Primer/ NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt/ Starlooks Pro Longwear Eye Liner

    I've been using the Rimmel Eye primer as my base since I bought it. It has a really nice silicone feeling similar to the Urban Decay Primer Potion, with a white and shimmery base that really helps eye shadows pop, and it's waterproof!
     After applying primer, I go in with the Yogurt on a firm eye shadow brush and use it as my base color. It gives a nice rose gold wash. In my crease I take a matte brown from the Tarte palette called Espadrilles with a fluffy brush.
    To create a nice and thin line, I've used the Starlooks Pro Longwear Liner which provides me with a really steady hand, so I apply the color evenly. On my lashes, I'm addicted to how the BB mascara makes them look and feel. It has coconut oil in it, so it really nourishes my eyelashes.

Lips:

Shara Shara Acerola Moist Oil Balm
    My lip has been pretty boring this month, but I haven't been interested in coloring, but really nourishing, so that's what I've been about. This provides a really moisturized lip and adds a nice gloss too, so it looks a lot more put together than just a regular balm.

    That's my makeup roundup! I hope that you all enjoyed a look at my makeup routine this month. If you have any questions, comments, requests, or recommendations leave them for me in the comments, and I'll see you next time!
Grace
   

No comments:

Post a Comment