Friday, May 1, 2015

Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion Review

Hi Everyone!
    Wow. I really need to step up my game. It has been FOREVER since I've posted anything! In my defense though, I had some very good reasons.

Reason 1. I got a job! Not that I didn't have a job before, but now I have a full time job working at a greenhouse in my area. While not the most glamorous of jobs, it's an amazing work environment for me.

Reason 2. I'm attempting to finish up school as soon as I possibly can in hopes of bringing summer sooner.

Reason 3. I'm in a musical that will be performed next week so we have been squeezing in practice everyday for this week and the upcoming one. Not really giving me a whole lot of down time. I'm in charge of the makeup for it too, so I've been swamped with prep stuff.

     Pretty good reasons, right? Anyway, you didn't click on this post to read excuses from me about why I've been neglecting my blog. You're here to read about the Etude House cushion product. Okay, let's jump into it then.

P.S. All info * is direct from Etude House's website :)

Packaging:
     The product comes in a pearly toned case that looks like a powder compact. It has a moderate weight to it; not too heavy, not too lightweight. It has a cute shimmer to it as well, giving it that classic Etude House vibe.


*What it is
A cushion soaked in foundation, it can be bb or cc cream too, housed in a chunky compact with second lid/compartment for the puff and also to keep the foundation from drying.
6-in-1 almighty cream foundation cushion (UV protection (SPF50+/PA+++) + Sebum control + Whitening + Tone correcting + Anti-wrinkle + Moisturizing).


*What it does 
- Whitening: Containing pearl mineral powder and Niacinamide to help skin keep sleek and clean condition for long time to avoid darkened.
- Moisturizing: 'Moisture-Lock' formula applied to hold moisture inside of skin layer to keep skin hydrated long.
- Smoothing: It contains sebum controlling powder to prevent skin getting oily and greasy, but it is smoothly applied to deliver all the flawless coverage with a natural luminous finish.

My Thoughts 
     This product is pretty good. It provides a very nice buildable coverage and gives a natural look to the skin. One thing that I'm not the biggest fan of, is that it tends to accentuate any dry patches that you might have on your skin. Flaky skin be warned, this is not the product for you. Also, if you have combination or oily skin, be prepared for your skin to feel slick after a few hours of wear.

On My Skin: 
Left Side has foundation. Right side does not.
~Pros~ 
Good Formula
Brightening
Good SPF
Easy to Apply
Moisturizing

~Cons~ 
Accentuates Dry Skin
Not Good for Oily/Combination Skin
Not Very Long Lasting

Overall Rating:
3/5

     So while some rave about this product, it just wasn't the best for me. I does a good job coverage wise, but besides from that, I wasn't too impressed. I probably wouldn't repurchase this product. I'm a little bummed about this product because I generally really enjoy Etude House foundation products. Sadly this one just didn't do it for me. 
     I hope that you enjoyed this review! Be sure to leave me any requests in the comment section and I'll get to them ASAP. Hopefully I'll be able to blog once a week again, but bear with me during this crazy month! I love you all so much, thank you for supporting me and I will talk to you all next time *fingers crossed* with a Suzy Only You makeup tutorial. Muah!
Grace

Song of this post:
Thread- Saint Raymond

     


No comments:

Post a Comment