Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tarte Golden Days & Sultry Nights Amazonian Clay Collector's Shadow Palette Review


Hi Everyone!
     While normally I lean more towards drugstore or more inexpensive products, from time to time, I dabble with some high end. Especially if I can get a discount (thank you Hautelook!). I will not lie, the main draw for me, was the AMAZING packaging. It is so bright and cheerful, and was the perfect "pick-me-up" palette, allowing me to fully embrace the warmer months ahead. This is my first Tarte product and I have to say that I'm impressed. I've tried varying high end brands from Stila to Urban Decay and Too Faced, but I've never splurged on any Tarte. I am definitely going to keep my eye out on this brand more often now!


     This palette comes with two matte shadows and three shimmers as well as a mirror protector and a how-to card with for daytime and nighttime looks.


Colors:

Toes in the Sand: A matte cream
Espadrilles: A matte taupe brown
Caipirinha and Cocktails: A chunky gold glitter
Oceanview: A teal with silver micro shimmers
Tropical Sunset: A warm shimmery brown.

Swatches:

     The shadows have good pigmentation, they are slightly on the chalky side, but they do wear very well on the eyes. The only shadow that isn't exactly ideal, is Caipirinha and Cocktails and while the color is gorgeous, it comes with a ton of fallout.

Daytime Look: (Golden Days)


Nighttime Look: (Sultry Nights)


     Overall, I enjoy this palette and will most likely try out more Tarte products from now on. I hope you all enjoyed this little review, be sure to share your thoughts in the comments down below and I will see you next time! Love you all so much, Muah!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment