Saturday, March 7, 2015

Shopping My Collection: March

Hi Everyone!
    So it has become apparently obvious to me that I have a ton of makeup. There are products that I've only used occasionally and some not at all. There are tons of lip gloss that are just sitting there expiring, blush that remain hardly touched, and eyeliner that have never needed sharpening. In light of this, I had a stroke of genius idea.
    I went through my makeup collection and made a list of the products I have barely (or have never) used. Each month I'm going to use these products and give my verdict. Will I keep it? Give it away to a friend? or throw it away? The giveaway part makes a couple of my friends really happy ;) I wanted to share this experience with you and talk to you about the products. Also I plan on using them in a GRWM video on my channel in the middle of the month. I want to keep you all updated too, so in my monthly favorites, I plan on doing a little segment on the ones I liked and which ones I dislike. My goal is that when I get rid of a certain product, let's say eyeliner, then I can purchase a new eyeliner. I believe that this will help me to control my spending a bit, and help with budgeting.
     Without any further ado, Let's take a look at this months stash!

1. Too Cool For School Dinoplatz CC Cream
     While this is a sample size of this product, its still been sitting untouched since I received it in Memebox a couple months back. This product is supposed to give really long lasting moisture to the skin with the help of Alaskan mineral water and rich mineral extract to give skin a balanced silky look. I've curious about this CC cream, because I'm really touch and go, when it comes to brightening products since they can leave me looking gray and ashy :/ I figure I should use it now, because I' going to start tanning soon.

2. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum
    I remember buying this blush and thinking I was going to use it every day. The color is a gorgeous natural flush with a slight  silver micro shimmer. Also the thought behind it is quite unique as well. It's cream to powder finish gives the cheeks a light wash of color. I just have put this on the back burner for awhile, and this month, I'm going to decide whether or not I actually going to use this product and if I still like the texture.

3. Grace My Face Minerals Glamour My Eyes Mineral Eyeshadow in Cappuccino, Soft Brown, and Mink
    These three beautiful browns came in a kit of four originally, but I threw out the other eyeshadow because I had never used nor needed a shimmery pink eyeshadow in my life. The browns are very pigmented and can be worn dry or wet. Cappuccino is a warm milky brown with gold toned shimmers; Soft Brown is a slight rosy brown with no shimmer; Mink is a dark chocolate brown with no shimmer. This is almost a last ditch effort for these eyeshadows. I just feel like I have so many brown eyeshadows if I don't use them, they are kind of just taking up space.

4. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude
    Remember when nude eyeliner on your waterline was uber popular last year? Yeah, me too. And I also remember how happy I was when I found the very last one of these eyeliners in a bin at Walgreens. Was it an impulse? Probably. I can count on one hand how many times I've used this eyeliner and this is the month where I decide if it's worth the hype.

5. Stila Smudge Crayon in Smoke
    This is actually an amazing product, that I got an amazing deal on (thank you Hautelook). It's almost an green toned taupe brown with silver sheen. It glides on really nicely and has great pigmentation. The reason it's even in this post, is because it hasn't been used a lot and I'm determined to change that this month.

6. L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner
    I'm slightly confused about why I bought this. I think it had something to do with having more control then liquid eyeliner and the intensely matte finish. It cost a pretty penny though (for drugstore) so I want to give it a final verdict before sealing the official dumping deal.

7. Maybelline The Rocket Volum Express Waterproof Mascara in Brownish Black
    This was the "IT" mascara last year and I went to my nearest Target to follow suit with everyone else. It's a really great product that I want to touch base with again after forsaking it for my beloved  Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara. My choice in color is interesting though, but I think it'll give me a really soft and sultry look.

8. NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick in Blush
    I've had this baby for quite some time now and it's just been sitting amongst my other lippies collecting dust. The color is a beautiful cool toned rosey pink with no shimmer and a creamy finish. I thought it'd be perfect to try out for the early spring season before I break out the actual spring lippies.

    That's what I have this month! I'm excited to try this out and see how I feel about these product when April hits. I really hope that you all enjoy this idea of mine and maybe try it out yourself? It definitely helps me to think critically about the products I have and whether I actually want or use them at all. I love you all so much and I will see you next week, Muah!
Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment