Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Winter Skincare Routine

Hai
     As promised, here is my Winter Skincare Routine. First off a few little things to know: I take an antibiotic that my doctor prescribed me to that helps with bacteria and infected area of my skin. I also have a prescribed topical acne product called Adapalene, which I mix with aloe to my spots. I change my routine quarterly. In my mind, if the season is changing, so should your skincare routine. Because your skin needs different things for each season. Ok, so after that explanation, here is my winter skincare routine!

Morning:

Cleansing-
    The main focus of my skincare in the winter is to brighten my skin and to keep acne away, so in the morning I've been using the Neutrogena Visibly Bright Daily Cream Cleanser because it helps to give my tired skin a really pretty glow and makes it super soft and ready for makeup.

Toning-
     About a week ago, I shared this D.I.Y. Toner with ya'll. It is, let me tell you, AMAZING! Not to toot my own horn or anything but ah *toot, toot*. It helps to brighten, lighten, soothe, and combat acne all in one little product. Seriously guys, go check it out. My skin has been doing so great and I really have this product to thank.

Essence/ Serum-
     What would be my skincare, if it didn't have anything Korean in it. Anyway, this is the A'Pieu NonCo Tea Tree Emulsion. It helps to fight my acne with herbal-y awesomeness. I use like a pump and a half, and it completely covers my face in potent acne fighting tea tree. The best thing though is that it doesn't make my skin irritated at all, which is great.

Moisturizing-
     This is my go-to moisturizer in the morning. It wears really well underneath makeup, and controls oil. It's the Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin. It has spf in it as well, which is important even though its wintertime.

Lipcare-
     After brushing my teeth, in the morning, I like to use the Burt's Bees Ultra Moisturizing Lip Treatment. Sometimes I like to use the Burt's Bees Soothing Lip Balm, but since I'm battling a cold, I use the kind I can put onto my finger then to my lips.

Nighttime:

Cleansing-
     Ok, I know what your thinking, 2 different face washes? What? and I'm all like, I need 2 facial cleansers so I can fight acne and brighten my skin. So at nighttime, I use the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power- Cream Wash. I have to use cream cleanser since I have combo/dry skin. This one really helps to fight acne and soothe the skin. It has Salicylic Acid, Green Tea, and Cucumbers. It is one of my favorites. Oh and most of the time I wash my face at night while I take a shower (it seriously saves time in the morning)

Toning-
     You guys already heard about this one, you probs don't want to hear it again. but in case you do :    About a week ago, I shared this D.I.Y. Toner with ya'll. It is, let me tell you, AMAZING! Not to toot my own horn or anything but ah *toot, toot*. It helps to brighten, lighten, soothe, and combat acne all in one little product. Seriously guys, go check it out. My skin has been doing so great and I really have this product to thank (;

Essence/Serum-
     You know what I do.

Treatment-
     Finally something new!! Okay so in the beginning of this post, I told you that my treatment is called Adapalene and that it is a prescription from my doctor. I mix it with some aloe so it doesn't make my skin get irritated. So in light of that, I have to say, I seriously recommend going to see your doctor or dermatologist. They can really help your skin out a lot.

Moisturizing-
     This is the Alba Natural Hawaiian  Refining Aloe & Green Tea Moisturizer. I love this stuff and I'll tell you why. When you refine something, your getting rid of the impurities and creating perfection. So heck yeah, I'm going to love a moisturizer that does this for me.
     Okay, once I have used the Alba moisturizer, I use this Severe Dry Skin Ointment on my T-zone. I know that sounds really counter productive since I have combo/dry skin, but my t-zone can get so dry in the winter. I only take a little bit on my finger tips and blend it into the Alba moisturizer.

Lips-
      This stuff is boss at getting rid of cracking dry lips. I jsut smother some of this stuff on and in the morning I have soft supple baby lips.

so your probably wondering, what does my skin look like? well:


     Believe me when I tell you that I struggled really hard with acne and now, I only get an occasional pimple around that special "time-of-the-month". I'm really impressed with my skin which is why i decided to share with my my skincare routine. I know what its like to have bad acne, so if you have any questions, just leave in the comments and don't forget to +1 this post!

                                                    How About You?
                     

                                                 What is your Holy Grail skincare product?
Until next time, Stay warm! (no seriously, where I live it's legitly colder then Alaska, and I'm all "If I wanted to be that cold, I'd live in Canada! sigh),
Grace

Song of the post:
Please Don't Leave Quite Yet- Adam Agin

No comments:

Post a Comment