Thursday, January 2, 2014

Girl's Generation Sooyoung Makeup Tutorial

Happy New Year!
     Alot has happened in the past couple of days, starting off with a new year! A whole new time to decide who you are, what your goals are and where you want to be in the next year. It is time for a fresh start, and nothing days fresh start like a clean makeup face. Sooyoung is one of my favorite members of Girls Generation, and her look in the music video "Oh" inspired this look. I hope you all enjoy, and lets get started!

Face:
1.
     I know what your thinking "SPF, in the winter?" Well, yeah. The sun reflects off the snow and onto your face, so it is actually really important if that is you don't want skin cancer. Apply all over your face, letting it absorb into your skin.

2.
     Since I have big pores on my cheeks and forehead, I've been really gravitating toward pore primers and I love this one by Etude House. I just applied it in four places: my forehead, chin, cheeks, and nose. Then I blend it out with my fingers.

3.
     I just got this Holika Holika Clearing BB Cream and its a little too dark right now since its winter where I live. To make it match my skintone better, I like to mix my TonyMoly Pure Aura CC Cream with it to get a seamless application. I dot it on my face and then blend it out with a beauty blender.

4.
    I swear by this concealer! It perfectly covers my dark circles perfectly. Not only does it help with concealing, but it actually helps diminish them naturally. I apply a big sweep of this stuff underneath my eyes and then blend it out with my beauty blender.

5.
     I'm going to set all the foundation and concealer now with the Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder. I like to pat it into my skin with a kabuki and then brush off any excess with a powder brush. The patting will keep your brush from moving any of the base products.

6.
      This blush looks really natural on my face. It is such a pretty peach color and I like to apply it just on the outer portion of my hollows to use it as a contour. The really nice thing about this blush is how matte it is and how creamy it applies to the skin.

7.
     I love highlighter. Something about it just makes me happy. I never really have been a fan of matte foundation, so that could be part of that. Anyway, This is the Skin Food All Over Muffin Cake Finish. Trust me though, it's not so much as a setting powder than a highlighter. I like to take a clean foundation brush and sweep it on my cheeks starting at the inner portion of my cheeks up to the end of my cheekbone, down my nose, the little triangle on your forehead and my cupids bow.

Eyes:

1.
      I'm going to prime my eyelids with this Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer. I like to apply it straight on my eyelid and then blend it out with my ring finger. This is really good for oily eyelids as well as making every color stand out so much better.

2.
      I'm going to take MAC's Vanilla eyeshadow with a fluffy brush all over my lid. This helps to wake up my face and bring some light up in there. It's a really pretty shimmery shade and I love how it makes my eyelids look. Definitely a favorite base. 

3.
       I'm going to be using a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil and apply this all around the eye, so that mean you water line, tight line, and inner corners. Also my to you upper lash line and then blend it out with an eyeshadow brush. It will give the eyes a subtler look.

4.
     Taking MAC's Soba, I'm going to take an angled brush and make a small little wing, starting from the lower lash line, winging out and then meeting up at the upper lashline.

5.
     Next, I'm just curling my eyelashes and applying a lengthening mascara. This one is my Maybelline and it makes every lash count. It also gives the eyes a spider lash effect since it tends to clump the eyelashes together.

6.
     Create a thin line along your upper lash line into the into corner of your eyes. This eyeliner is by Skin Food and it's their Sweet Almond Eyeliner in Black.

Lips:

1.
     I'm going to be using a peach toned lip stain. This one is the Aritaum Wanna Be Lip Cushion Tint in Sugar. I apply it thickly on the inner portion and a bit lighter on the outer portions. I then take the smudger and blend out the inner portion slightly, leaving it still the most pigmented.

2.
     I'm going to be using a concealer on the outer corners to create a more gradient Ulzzang look to the lips. I'm using Artitaum's Wanna Cushion Lip Concealer in Clair.

3.
     To finish it all off, I'm going to take the Stila Lip Glaze in Peaches & Cream all over the lips. This will help to blend all the shade together to make it more day time appropriate.

Finished Look:










      I hope that you all enjoyed this makeup tutorial for the start of January! Soon I'll share with you my everyday makeup routine for January. I'll see you all soon! Make sure that you 1+ this post so that all your friends can see it too!
Gracie

                                                    How About You?
                                         
What is you favorite SNSD/ Girls Generation song? Leave your response in the comments!


Song of this post-

No comments:

Post a Comment