Tuesday, March 15, 2016

How To Remove Stubborn Mascara


Hello Pretty People!
   For me, removing makeup is a very soothing process. I like to make myself a cup of tea, turn on some of my favorite songs on Spotify and go to town removing every last bit of makeup from my face before going into my normal cleansing routine. Today I'm coming at you with a quick look into how I remove my makeup, with a special focus on how I remove even the most stubborn mascara with one easy step. Sound interesting? Let's jump into it! ( And yes, it's finally warm enough again to take pictures outside!)

    So my skin goes between being the most sensitive thing in the world, to  super tough and macho: nothing can touch it or make it sensitive. However, that usually only happens once the weather gets a little warmer, and even then I try to be super gentle with it. I've been on a quest recently to find the best makeup remover wipes out there, and so far I've found two that my skin really likes. Neutrogena makes a really good wipe, but my skin cannot deal with the original formula. The one that I find is the gentlest, is the Night Calming Wipes. They make the skin feel nice and soft, and it doesn't make my face burn or tingle in the slightest. Currently though, I've discovered a love for the Simple Cleansing Wipes, which are even gentler on my skin than the Neutrogena ones, making me a big fan.

    Before I even come close to removing any face or lip makeup, I always remove my eye makeup. I love waterproof mascara, and honestly the more waterproof, the better for me. However, by the end of the day it can be quite tricky to remove. I've found that using coconut oil removes my eye makeup SO well. I like to warm it up in a spoon with my blow dryer ( I know, so classy right?) and apply the liquid coconut oil to my lashes first. I like to gently massage the area and work the coconut oil into my lashes and around my eye. I do this until I feel satisfied with how much I look like a character on American Horror Story.

    Finally after doing that for about a minute I use my makeup wipes to remove all the oily residue. I find that after using the coconut oil, I can look quite like a panda bear, so it's best to just swipe away the remainder, so as not to freak anyone out. The Simple makeup wipes do a really good job of removing the rest of my makeup and even if I get a little in my eye, it doesn't hurt at all.
 
    Once that is done, I'll go into my normal skincare routine for nighttime. If there is any remaining eyeliner on my tight line, I'll go in with an oil balm and a q-tip to remove the last of it. Right now, I'm using the Shara Shara Acerola Moist Oil Balm, which also works as a great lip balm and cuticle softener.

    Like I said earlier, I really enjoy taking off my makeup, almost as much as I love putting it on. For me it's nice to see just my face after a day of wearing makeup. I feel like I can fully breathe once my makeup is off, and it feels so satisfying at the end of a long day. Do you like removing your make up? Tell me in the comments below and feel free to leave any post suggestions as well! I hope you all enjoyed this post and until next time, stay beautiful!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment