Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Years Eve Makeup Tutorial

Hello Darling,
     Alright so New Years is upon us and each year there is one thing that happens that always stands out, the midnight kiss. This is a makeup tutorial inspired by that magical moment at midnight, it is also a great look for wherever you're going this new years eve. Its a much softer look than most new years looks, but I think it it's perfect for that single fleeting moment. Lets get started, shall we?

Face:

    1
      When you kiss your face is really close to another persons (obviously), so lets make sure that our pores are completely invisible. This is such a nice pore primer! It make even the biggest pores shrink down to size. So apply a little bit to your fingertips and then pat into your skin. Focusing mainly on where your pores get the largest. After patting all over, spread the rest across your face for and overall poreless look.

2.
  We are going to be using a mousse- type BB cream for our skin, to create a moisturized look to the skin. This particular BB cream has honey extract in it, so it is ultra hydrating to your skin. Apply to the back of your hand, then make dots; three on each cheek; one on the nose; three on the forehead; three on the chin. Blend it all out with a beauty sponge.

3.
    Now since my dark circles are horrid, I'm going to apply some under eye concealer. This one has salmon oil in it (I know it sounds gross but trust me, its great :) I'll put my review at the end of this post), which helps to brighten your under eye area. Apply with your ring finger underneath your eyes and inner corner, blend out with your beauty sponge.

4.
     I don't want our skin to look too dewy, so take a powder and pat it into your skin. Patting keep your brush from smearing product everywhere. Don't worry, take a powder brush once you've patted it into your skin and dust off any access.

     This highlighter is so beautiful. It adds a beautiful, cool glow to your skin. I like to take a foundation brush and start on the inner portion of my cheek, then work it up onto my cheek bones and temples. it just gives your face such an elegant look.

5.
      Taking a cream blush to maintain a soft look to the skin, Apply it to the apples of your cheeks with your fingers. Take a blush brush and blend it out afterwards to make sure it's all blended nicely.

Eyes:

1.
      Eyeshadow primer ensures that the color will pop and last all night long, which is what you want on night like New Years.  Here I'm using this Too Faced primer and applying it with my ring finger to my eyelid, patting not rubbing, so as we won't have wrinkles there when we get older.

2.
     Taking a vanilla shade, I'm going to apply it all over my eyes with a fluffy brush. This will be our base color, which all the other colors will play off of. The vanilla color is softer than a white shade and will make us look more awake even if we only got five hours of sleep the night before.

3.
      Start by taking Wrapped Up (from the Sleek Oh So Special Palette) on an eyeshadow brush and apply it to your upper lash line, blending it out up into the crease. Take Glitz and apply it the the lash line and into the crease blending to give it a soft look. Lastly take Celebrate onto an angled brush and apply it to the outer edge of your upper lash line and onto the outer portion of your lower lash line.

4.
     Take a glitter eyeliner (here I'm using the Etude House Tear Drop Eyeliner in #1) and apply it to your "Cute Spot" which is the chubby part underneath your eyes when you smile and also on to your inner corner. This will give your eyes more of a glamourous look while still keeping it subtle.

5.
      Take a gel eyeliner and apply to your upper lash line in a medium/ thick line. This also will add some much needed drama to the eyes. Wing it out if you want or keep it natural, your choice.

6.
    Curl the eyelashes then apply one coat of your favorite lengthening mascara (here I'm using the Nature Republic So Big Curling Mascara). Also apply a good coat to your lower eyelashes as well. Go over it all with a mascara fixer to give your lashes a smooth, perfect look (here I'm using the Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer for Perfect Lash).

Lips:

1.
      Apply a moisturizing lip balm to your lips. Here I'm using the Chapstick Moisturizer lip balm to give my lips a smooth moist look, perfect for kissing ;)

2.
    Apply a shimmery light pink lipstick all over your lips for a nice nude touch. This one I chose has silver glitters to it, since silver is the whole undertone for this look. 

3.
     Take a lip pencil (here I'm using NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Pink Nude) and apply it to the center of your lips to make them look fuller.

Finished Look:










      I really hope you guys enjoyed this look. If you did, make sure to 1+ it so your friends can see it as well. I hope you have a great New Years and I'll see you guy in 2014! (almost my 1 year anniversary on this blog!!),
Grace

P.S.  The Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream Review Link:
http://gracesbeautydiarykeke.blogspot.com/2013/08/skinfood-salmon-dark-circle-concealer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment