Saturday, October 11, 2014

60's Bombshell Makeup Tutorial

Hi!
    So, Halloween is coming up, and this year I decide I would do a quick series on last minute costume ideas. Basically, if it's simple and easy to do, it'll make it in this series. I will be posting some of these on YouTube as well, so keep an eye out for those. Anyway, one of the easiest looks is a 60's bombshell look, and I think it took me maybe an hour to get this whole look completed. It's great if you want to wear a costume and celebrate without looking super ridiculous, so it's perfect for any work things. I promise there will be funner tutorials later :) Let's get started!!
~Makeup~              
                                                   

1. Primer
     First, I'm priming my face with an orange toned primer, which is going to help to give your face a healthy look. While orange can be really intimidating, it is great for relieving dull looking skin.

2. Base
     For this look, I'm using 2 different products for my foundation layer. For my T-Zone, I'm using a foundation that is lightweight and about .5 shades lighter than my skintone. For the outer portions of my face, I'm using a BB Cream that is a tinsy bit darker than my actual skin tone. I used my fingers to blend everything in.

3. Conceal
     Taking an orange toned concealer, I'm applying this to my dark circles and to the high points of my face. DO NOT BLEND IN! I'm not kidding, that comes next.

4. Set
     Okay, now you can blend it in with powder on your brush. This will give your face more of an airbrushed finish and will keep your concealer on for longer.

5. Blush
     Taking a lighter berry toned blush, I'm just going to apply it to the hollows on my cheeks with a powder brush. Make sure to be light handed when applying your blush. Looking like an oompa loompa is not the goal of this look.

6. Eye Base
     Instead of using a primer, I'm going to use a cream eyeshadow on my lids up to my crease. This one is a really pretty beige with gold shimmers. I used my ring finger to blend it in. (Please ignore the pen on my finger, I've been doing a ton of school lately).

7. Crease
    For my crease, I'm using a warm brown and really defining the shape of my eye. This is one of the most important steps of this look so make sure you really get a good deep look to your eyes.

8. Highlight
     Taking a vanilla eyeshadow with a firm eyeshadow brush, I'm applying it to my inner corners and browbone. If you want to, you can put a little on the center of your lid.

9. Line
     I'm using a dark loose eyeshadow to line my upper lashline in a wing shape with an angled brush and dragging it down onto my lower lashline. After that, I'm blending it out with fluffier brush to soften the look and make it a little smokier.

10. Tight Line
     Taking a waterproof black eyeliner, I'm applying it to the roots of my lashes. This helps your lashes look fuller and since I don't like to wear falsies, it will help my lashes look a bit more va -va- voom.

11. Wing
     I'm using a matte black gel liner to wing out my upper lash line and winging it out. I didn't wing it like crazy, but you can if you really want to.

12. Lashes
     I'm using a curling mascara to give my lashes that wide eyed Twiggy look. I curled my lashes and then applied to coats on my upper and lower lashes.

13. Lips
    Taking a warm nude lipstick, I'm applying that all over my lips and blending it out with my fingers a little. This will really complete the look, giving it a mod squad feel.

~Hair~
  1. Sweep all your hair to one side of your head. If you want to, you could tease your hair, but I already have pretty voluminous hair, so I opted not to.
  2. Pin your bangs (or the front section of your hair if you don't have bangs) to the side of your head, in a swoop and secure with bobby pins.
  3. Tie a loose and low ponytail to one side of your head, I choose the side with the swoop.
  4. Loop the ponytail into itself by creating a hole with your fingers from the underside of your hair and looping the ponytail through it.
  5. This step is optional, but curl the loose pieces to give it a retro feel.
~Outfit~
     So, if you want to, you could always buy an outfit, but if you're really low on time, take a sweater, white smock and leggings and pair it with a bright pop color of shoes. The black and white will make it look a little more mod squad, and the red shoes will make it look more vintage esque. Of course if you have more time, you could always wear something fancier.

    I hope that you all enjoyed this full look idea. Like I said, it's supposed to be an idea for if you're running late for something, or you are simply a procrastinator ( like me) and need a quick and easy look. Anyway, I'll be uploading more of these throughout the month, so be on the lookout for more Halloween quick and easy tutorials. I'll see you guys soon, make sure to comment down below what your going as for Halloween. Love ya'll! Muah!
Grace

Song of this post:

Crazy in Love (Beyonce Cover)- Daniela Andrade 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment