Friday, October 3, 2014

Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask Review


Hi!
     I know, we all never thought this day would ever come, but for the first time in about 2 months, I'm finally not doing a makeup tutorial for K-Pop! We had a nice run, but I missed doing reviews soooo much, and when one of my Korean friends, Seulah, got this for me when she went to Korea for the summer, I thought I should share my thoughts on this awesome little guy. I hope you all enjoy!

    So, I've had so many blackheads on my t-zone lately, and my skin has just been getting a lot oilier lately, which I never view as a very good thing. I notice that it happens mainly when the seasons are changing, and it definitely is up where I live. Yeah, I'm talking sweaters, skinny jeans (or jeggings), and boots. To help my skin out and to clear it up a little bit, I decided I would give this mask a try, cause after all, this is one of the most popular face masks in Korea. I totally see why, too.


Packaging~
     The mask comes in a 100% recycled paper box printed with soy ink. I wouldn't say that the box is very sturdy, but unless you collect the boxes things come in (guilty as charged), then it's really not that big of a deal. The product itself comes in a cylinder like jar with a screw on lid. Originally when you open it, there is a plastic lid inside the jar to protect it from any nasty bacterias. I generally like to keep those, because if you travel, it's nice to know that you have that extra bit of security. The jar is plastic and the lid has a metal-ish feel to it. Even though it is plastic, it doesn't feel cheap at all and has a good weight to it.

Claims~ (off the box)
 (Tightens pores + Removes sebum + Exfoliates dead skin cells + Offers deep cleansing + Enhances skin tone + Provides cooling effects) This clay mask with it's super volcanic cluster capsules powerfully absorbs sebum to intensively resolve pore concerns.

Product~ 
     The mask itself is gray and feels pretty creamy when you scoop it out, but when you go to apply it, it can tug on dry skin, so I like to wet my face a little before spreading it over my face. I think the texture is really nice for this mask and it dries really fast. In about 4 minutes my face feels almost 100% dry. You know how when you wear masks and they make your skin feel heavy, this one isn't like. It also feels really nice and like it is cleaning out your pores with the really nice cooling sensation. 

Ingredients~ off the box
Water, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Volcanic Ash, Glycerin, Silica, Trehalose, Kaolin, Bentonite, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellidae Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, PVP, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sorbitan Stearate, Polyacrylate-13, Mannitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactic Acid, Polyisobutene, Menthoxypropanediol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Polysorbate-20,  Iron Oxides (Cl 77491), Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol. 

Directions~ (off the box)
     After cleansing, apply skin toner to refine skin texture and gently smooth over entire face, avoiding the eye and lip area. After 10 minutes, gently roll, using fingertips to rinse off with lukewarm water.

Scent~
    This mask really doesn't smell like much. It has a slight minty hint to it, but other than that, its your basic clay mask scent. I guess it could have an earthy scent to it? if that makes sense. It should since this product is basically dirt........ or clay seeing how it's clay and all. Anyway, no specifically strong are potent scent, which is great for those of you out there that have sensitive noses.

Before/ After~

Conclusion~
     As you can see from the picture above, there is a lot less sebum and my pores look a bit smaller after the treatment. My skin looks a lot less redder and my complexion looks a lot better. This mask has become one of my new favorites because it's really good at clearing my acne as well as making my pores look and feel 100x better. There are two different versions of this mask, the original, which is better for more sensitive and drier skin types, and this one which is for more oily and acne prone skin tones. Usually I have a really good skin day the next day (since I usually use this at night), because it really clears up my skin. 

Pros~
No Strong Scent
Clears Up Skin
Makes Pores Feel Clean
Shrinks Pores
Delivers Claims
Reduces Oil
Nice Packaging

Cons~
A little dry at first
Lots of Stearates and Acids in the Ingredients

Overall Rating~ 5/5
     Since there are definitely more pros than cons, and it clears up my skin a lot, it gets a perfect score in my book. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I've seen major improvement with my skin. 

    I hope you all enjoyed this review and that it helped to give you more information about this mask. I know that when I'm about to buy a product, I like to read a lot of reviews on it to see what's up, so if that's your case in reading this post, I really encourage you to get it! If you do have drier skin though, I would say that you should use the original formula. My sister Anna uses the original one (she has dry and sensitive skin), and loves it, so choose depending on your skin type. Anyway, I will see you guys on Monday, on my YouTube channel with a homecoming makeup tutorial! Love ya'll, Muah!!
Grace


~Song of this post~


No comments:

Post a Comment