Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine's Day Tutorial

Ahnyoung! So i have been loving vintage inspired looks and Valentine's day is perfect for getting in touch with your vintage side. Hello 1940's! One of my favorite actresses Lauren Conrad is also really into vintage looks, and her beauty book has helped me to develop a better sense for that particular time frame. So without further ado, here is the tutorial (:
FACE:

Step 1: Apply a BB cream to your face for a natural amount of coverage. Did you know that BB creams were originally made in Germany? True story :) Here I'm using the L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB. it has a almost sandy texture and comes out white, but the little beads burst and give you color. I like to apply it with my fingers, the best tool!

Step 2:  Take a concealer and apply wherever you need it. Always remember that although concealer is nice, too much can make your face cakey, so go as light as possible here. I like the DermaBlend Professional Cover Creme. It has a nice texture and applies very natural.

Step 3: Setting the face is super important in this tutorial, not only so that your face will be matte but because this look can be thrown off with too dewy of a face. I'm using the Maybelline Fit me! pressed powder in 110. Its perfect for setting all makeup because its basically translucent.

Step 4: Taking my Milani Berry Amore baked blush and an angled kabuki by Ecotools, apply to the hollows of your cheeks and the temples. What helps me to tone down the shade of this blush is taping off the excess on the brush.

EYES:

Step 1: Apply a translucent  eye primer over your whole lid making sure you get into the inner corner as well. Here I'm using the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer. Not only is it inexpensive but it works almost as good as the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Step 2: Next take a darker brown shade and apply to your eyelid until you reach the crease of your eyelid. I'm using a brown shade from the Almay Eye shadow Trio for Hazel Eyes.

Step 3: Nest take a light champagne like pink and apply it to your inner corners with an angled eyeliner brush. This will help to bring out green eyes, and also brighten any eye color as well.

Step 4: Taking a light champagne color, apply it to your brow bone and blend out any harsh lines from the brown.

Step 5: Next apply a white eyeliner to your waterline to open up your eyes. I'm using the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese because its a beautiful pearly shade. Blend it out slightly with your fingers so it's not as harsh.

Step 6: Tight line your lashes with a black eyeliner. I'm using  the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Zero. It goes on so smoothly  which helps with application.

Step 7: Create a small wing with a black liquid eyeliner. I'm using the E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner in Black. It comes on nicely and its great for beginners.

Step 8: Curl your lashes and apply your favorite black mascara. I'm using the Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express Mascara on my top lashes and the CoverGirl nature luxe mascara to my lower lashes in Brown.

LIPS:

Step 1: Apply a tinted lip balm that has a red tone to it. I'm using the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Cherry Me.

Step 2: Apply your favorite red lipstick. Here I'm using the Clinique lipstick in Rosette (or Rosetta the label kinda started to tear off so its  hard to read (; )
FINAL RESULT
                                     :




      Well I hope you all enjoyed this makeup tutorial! Have a great Valentines day and remember that your prettiest accessory is your smile. Smile On,
Gracie






















No comments:

Post a Comment