Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Favorite Yoga/Stretching Videos

Hello Everyone!
     So in the world there are literally millions of video on YouTube for really stretching out your body, increasing flexibility, and overall toning with the use of yoga. But there are some that definitely aren't as good as others and it's taken me a long time to find ones that really work well for me. I like being able to have a "free flow", which really is just a fancy term for listening to your bodies needs and doing what feels good in a practice, so a lot of the videos that I like have a really relaxed approach. And since I didn't have anything else prepared for this week, I figured I could share some of my all time favorite yoga routines with you, and tell you a little bit about each one. These aren't ranked in any particular order either.

1. Yoga With Adriene Detox Yoga
     This is one of my favorite practices because it's very calming and really helps with digestion and detoxifying your body, so it helps to get rid of toxins that are stored up in your liver, by cleansing it out with opening twists.

2. Plumtv Lengthening and Opening Yoga
     This routine is extremely nice after an intense cardio session. It lengthens the muscles and helps give your body a leaner look with twists and opening every part of your side body in a really nice relaxing and restorative way.

3. Tone it Up Stretch and Release
     I love this routine when I want to stretch out and relax, but I'm in a time crunch. It really relaxes you and makes you feel a lot more open in a few short minutes. For busy days, or when I'm too tired to commit to a full practice, this is my go to.

4. Yoga with a View Hilaria Baldwin- Deep Stretch
    This is really great for anyone who is sore. When I feel like I can barely move my legs or whatever body part I just worked like crazy, I like to do this routine to make it more bearable. It is also very calming and releases a lot of tension that is often carried in your joints.

    Sorry that I haven't posted too much this week, but my computer that I used to blog with broke and my family only just now got a new one, plus I was visiting family in Cleveland for a few days which was really nice to reconnect and chill with everyone, plus get in a little shopping (hello MAC Woodwinked and Clinique Color Pop Lipstick) done while I was at it. I hope that this post gives you a little inspiration to try out some yoga routines that really have helped me stay calm and keeps me from being too sore throughout the weeks workout sessions. As always I hope you enjoyed this post, comment down below and thoughts and comment, or even requests and I'll get to them ASAP. See you all next time!
Grace

Song to check out:
In Dreams- Ben Howard




No comments:

Post a Comment