Monday, July 20, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag: July 2015


Hello Everyone!
    Today I'm sharing the products that I received in my July Ipsy bag. The theme for this bag is Summer Lovin' so all the products have a nice summertime feel to it. This is my first experience with Ipsy and I am pretty impressed, so I think I'm gonna stick with them for a little while. I really don't go through products very quickly, so I think sample sized products are a must for me. While I'm bummed I didn't get the Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer, I'm still pretty happy with my bag.
    For those of you who aren't familiar with the concept of monthly beauty subscription services, they basically provide 4-5 deluxe samples from a variety of different brands. The products you receive will differ depending on what you choose when taking the personality quiz, and you can re-take the quiz whenever you want to switch up what you'll get the next month.


1. Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser
     Description: "Deep-penetrating, soap-free cleanser eliminates impurities and excess sebum without stripping the skin. With this triple action formula, including the patented active ingredient Glyceryl Laurate, sebum and oil production are inhibited and the bacteria responsible for blemishes is diminished, resulting in healthy, blemish-free skin"
Ingredients: avène thermal spring water, (avène aqua), water (aqua), sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate, zinc coceth sulfate, polysorbate 20, sodium cocoamphoacetate, ceteareth-60 myristyl glycol, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, citric acid, disodium edta, fragrance (parfum), glyceryl laurate, green 5 (ci61570), sodium benzoate, sodium hydroxide, yellow 5 (ci19140), zinc gluconate

My Thoughts:
     Avene is a pretty popular French skincare brand that is known for having products that are great for sensitive skin types. While I'm really content with my cleanser that I'm using right now because it is so incredibly gentle with my skin and is helping soothe my stressed out summer skin, I am curious about this product because of it's claims. I'm think about giving it a go once the school year starts back up when I really concentrate on taking care of the oil production of my skin. We'll see what happens with this little dude.

2. Teeez Cosmetics Read My Lips Lipstick in Killing Me Softly
     Description: "This long-lasting lipstick combines the power of highly-pigmented coverage and a unique satin, matte finish. The lipstick’s smooth, ultra creamy texture and added coconut oil extract nourishes and hydrates the lips, with color that lasts for up to 8 hours."
Ingredients: coco-caprylate/caprate, octyldodecanol, isostearyl neopentanoate, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax), kaolin, cera microcristallina (microcrystalline wax), bisdiglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, ozokerite, methoxy peg-17/methoxy peg-11/hdi isocyanurate trimer crosspolymer, parfum (fragrance), lecithin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid. may contain: ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake), ci 77492 (iron oxides), ci 15850 (red 7 lake), ci 77491 (iron oxides

My Thoughts:
      I have literally never heard of this brand before, but on the box it said it was from the Netherlands, if anyone is curious. While I'm not usually a huge fan of matte products, this is surprisingly moisturizing. The color is a rosy coral in my mind and I think it's really pretty on. I'm probably going to plop a nude gloss over top though to make it more wearable for an everyday look since I'm very picky about how bright my lips should be. It feels pretty comfortable on as well, which was very surprising. 

3. Crown Brush Professional Tweezers
     Description: "The stainless steel Professional Tweezers come complete with tips that are perfectly aligned, hand-filed at a 45 degree angle with carefully calculated tension".
My Thoughts:
     I feel like the subscription boxes I've received recently are trying to tell me something. Both have given me tweezers.... hmmmm. I'm actually not too bummed about getting another pair of tweezers. For one thing the tweezers in the Beauty Box 5 are extremely small and would be great for carrying around with me, and this Crown Brush one can just chill on my shelf. I'm obviously going to be using these, so we'll see how well it preforms. 

4. Ofra Bliss Eyeshadow in Bliss
     Description: "Bliss is a gorgeous shimmery powder that can be used as an eye shadow or as a highlighting powder on your cheek bones, brow bones or on the bridge of your nose. Bliss can easily fit in any type of magnetic makeup palette and can also be used in loose form"
Ingredients: mica, zinc stearate, starch octenylsuccinate, dimethicone, silica, nylon 12, magnesium silicate, trimethysiloxysilicate, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, phenoxyethanol (and) ethylhexyglycerin. may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, manganese violet, ultramarines, chromium oxide green

My Thoughts:
  I love a good shimmery highlight color. This one by Ofra is such a great color for my currently tanned skin tone, and I think it would look so pretty with M.A.C's Woodwinked. It's a gorgeous golden champagne tone with crazy pretty shimmers. I think I'm going to get some good wear out of this product. Unfortunately I don't have a magnetic palette, so this poor guy is going to have to chill in it's plastic case for awhile.

5. Coolway Beachy Salt Spray
     Description: "Perfect for creating beachy waves and natural styles with a non-sticky, matte finished look. Formulated with Dead Sea salts for additional mineral nourishment.
  • Texturizes and separates hair for a natural, fresh-from-the-beach look.
  • Weightless formula for bouncy, flexible, wavy hair.
  • Mineral-rich formula consisting of Dead Sea Salt for soothing and strengthening of the scalp and hair."
Ingredients: dead sea salts, magnesium sulfate, gluconolactone, polysorbate-80, sodium benzoate

My Thoughts:
     I'm always up for a new beach waves spray. I have tried so many so I'm looking forward to seeing this ones performance with my hair. I've known about the brand for quite awhile, but I hadn't tried it yet, so this is a great step in the right direction for me, and I love how short the ingredients list is. 


July Glam Bag Overall Score:
4/5
     This is a very good quality subscription service and I definitely want to stick around for longer. I really like how everyone gets a unique selection of products and that there are such good sizes. The products I'm most happy about would have to be the eye shadow and the beach spray. Did you get an Ipsy bag this month? Tell me about the products you received in yours in the comments below! See you all next time, love you all so much,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment