Thursday, July 30, 2015

Addicted To Blush Tag

Hello Pretty People!
    So I saw this tag circulating in my Bloglovin feed and decided to give it a whirl, and I have to admit, it was fun looking through my blushes and choosing which ones I'd use for these questions. It also made me notice how I have a very large amount of peach colored blushes in my collection, which is quite an interesting thing since I don't even wear peach colored blushes that frequently.........hmmm. Anyway, let's jump into this tag!

1. What color blush suits you the most?
     Any sort of lighter pink looks really good with my skin tone. I really like mauve colors and lighter ballerina pinks. For a go to mauve, I love the Sonia Kashuk Blush in Pink which is a really beautiful muted pink shade that has a hint of purple. It goes on like a dream and I love to use it on my contour line for a soft shaded look during the colder months. For a nice pale pink, I like the Pony X Memebox Blush in Galaxy Pink is made up of 4 different colors to choose from; Baby pink (the lightest shade) is a pale pink, Gracey Pink is a muted toned mauve, Warm Pink is an enhancing peachy pink, and Indie Pink is a great natural flush color. Last but ceratinly not least, I love the Laura Geller Blush in Bora Bora, it looks so good with my skin tone and enhances my skin in an extremely natural way.

2. Pressed, Cream, or Loose?
    This mostly depends on the season for me. In the summer months, I'm a big fan of cream blushes, since it gives a nice dewy glow to the cheeks, and doesn't feel as heavy as powder on the skin. I'm a huge fan of the Josie Maran Coconut Water Color Cheek Gelee in Honeymoon Honey during the hot months because it has a really nice lightweight texture and it helps to enhance my tan with it's burnt honey color. Also Nars Multi in Orgasm is a dream for fans of the original powder formula as it provides a nice wash of this cult shade. The gold shimmers are so pretty for the warm summer months and the peachy shade helps to enhance my skintone.
    During the Colder months, when I favor a matter look, I opt for pressed powders. They are very easy to apply and I like the look of it on top of matte base products. Some powders that I really like for the winter are the Sonia Kashuk blush in Pink and the Innisfree Eco Blush in Romantic Pink. Sonia's Pink is really nice during cold months to enhance paler skin tones. Romantic Pink is gorgeous during colder months, providing a gorgeous shimmer on pale skin, brightening the whole look.

3. Favorite shimmery blush?
     Currently my favorite shimmery blush is the Purmineral's Hot Rocks Pebbles, which gives me a really pretty light wash of warmth with a touch of shimmer, for a really beautiful natural flush that looks great on top of some bronzer.

4. Favorite matte blush?
     This above mentioned blush is one of my all time favorites and is really reasonably priced. It's a really nice everyday sort of color that is great for when my cheeks are breaking out because there are no shimmers to accentuate my flaws.

5. Favorite drugstore blush?
    These two are my end game, go-to blushes when I can't figure out which out of my collection I want to use. They are both super inexpensive and give a really nice natural flush to the cheeks. The Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum is a great cream to powder product that has a very subtle shimmer and looks really natural on the cheeks. I think it's particularly great for student because it's so easy to use, and it is very versitle. NYX Pinched is one of the most talked about dupes for the Nars Orgasm blush, and is a fraction of the price, another go to for students on a budget looking to get that sought after warm toned cheek.

6. Favorite High End?
    Out of my high end blushes, these two are my babies. Laura Geller Bora Bora is a go to of mine, because of it's gorgeous look on the cheeks. It has really great pigmentation and is beautiful for warm and cold month's alike. Josie Maran Honeymoon Honey, is a great contour color for the colder months and enhancer for the warmer months. I really like how versatile the color is based on how you apply it. I'm a pretty big fan of both of these.

7. Favorite bright blush?
     I mainly like my cheeks to have a natural flush to them, but on occasion I'll choose these brightening blushes to give me a more awake vibe. Ladykin Blush in Berry Sorbet is a really nice peachy pink that is matte and brightens up paler skin, so it's amazing during the school on days after I pull an all-nighter. Innisfree Eco Blush in Romantic Pink has a very similar brightening effect on my face and it a cool toned pink with finely milled silver shimmers.

8. Biggest blush disappointment?

    While some swear by Nars highlighter's and blushes, this Hungry Heart Duo leaves much to be desired. It is basically the least pigmented highlighters, with the chunkiest glitters ever. I used it maybe twice since I've owned it. It basically went on the inner corner's of my eyes when I was going to my school's formals. Besides from that though, it's just been collecting dust.

9. Best blush packaging?
    I adore the Skinfood Rose Essence Soft Cream Blusher packaging. It is so gorgeous and has such a romantic feeling to it. It is very feminine and compact. And don't even get me started on the rose scent, because I'll get stuck there forever. Basically this limited edition blush is seriously the prettiest blush packaging I own.

10. Blush wishlist?
    I'm craving the Physicians Formula Argan Blush in Natural: $12.00 which is super pretty and has tons of gold shimmers with beautiful patterns and really nice pink tones.
Clinique Cheek Pop in Pink Pop: $24.00 I have heard so much about this blush and while I've purchased the lippies apart of this line, I have yet to try out the gorgeous blushes.
100% Pure Lip and Cheek Tint in Shimmery Strawberry: $24.00 I'm fascinated with cream blushed currently, so I wanted to try my hand a natural formula which is 100% Pure's claims with all of their products, and this color looks to die for.
Benefit Hervana: $28.00 This blush looks right up my alley. It's supposed to be a gorgeous mauve-y pink. I'd like this guy to be my first Benefit Box O' Blush.
Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride: $30.00 While extremely expensive, this looks like a really nice cheek stain and the color is really nice as well.

11. Holy grail blush?
    My all time favorite of my blushes is the Laura Geller Blush in Bora Bora, which you have heard about pretty consistently throughout this post.

    I hope that you enjoyed this tag! It was a lot of fun to participate in and even funner to share with you. As always leave any questions, comments, or requests in the down bar and I'll get to them ASAP. Love you all so much!
Grace

Song to check out:

No comments:

Post a Comment