Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ladies' Code Sojung So Wonderful Makeup Tutorial



Hello!
    Okay, so I just found this group and I have to say I'm really impressed. Sometimes when you find rookie groups, it can either way. But I have really enjoyed them so far (: Anyway, about a week ago, they released a new music video for the song 'So Wonderful'. Out of everyones makeup, I liked Sojung's the best, thats not to say that she is my bias. I'm in a toss up between Zuny and RiSe, it all will depend on who's voice I end up liking the best. Speaking of vocals, everyone in this group has gorgeous voices, so I'm definitely going to keep tabs on this group. Anyway, on with the tutorial:

Base:
 Moisturize: My skin has been so parched lately! I've tried a lot of lotions, but this one in particular works great underneath makeup, and also gives the skin a little bit of a glow which will add to the dewy skin needed for this tutorial.

Conceal: To cancel out the redness, I'm going to use a green concealer. Green is reds contrast color. I like to apply this with my concealing kabuki by EcoTools. It also gives my skin a paler cast, which helps give that pale Do Hwa look.
                           
I'm also going to use an orange toned concealer to cancel out purplish dark circles. I blended out this concealer with a damp beauty blender.

Foundation: I'm using a CC cream because I want to achieve really fresh dewy skin and light coverage to keep my skin from looking cakey. I used about 2 pumps and applied it in little dots on my face before blending it out with a damp beauty blender. Make sure whenever you use a BB or CC cream to pat your face with your hands to finish and set the product.

Highlight: I'm going to use a pink highlighter with silver shimmers to give me the dewy look I'm going for without being too matte. I like to apply highlighter with foundation brushes, because it helps to place it in the right spots. I like to start on the inner portion of the apples of my cheeks and up onto my cheekbones. From there, I apply it to my cupids bow and top of my nose and the space between and above my eyebrows.


Eyes-

 Fill: Every girl will tell you to fill in your brows. In Korea, the straighter your brows are, the cuter you are. I groomed mine to be able to replicate this look and then just fill in the sparse areas with powder. I think that wax is a bit too dark and unnatural looking for my taste.

Shadow: The first color I'm using is a creamy vanilla color all over my lid. This will make me look more awake and give me a brightened look. It has very subtle silver shimmers which will add to the fresh look. I applied this with a fluffy brush for a light wash.

To create a gradient look, I'm using a medium brown shade and applying that in a thick line along my lashline. This is going to subtly add more definition to your eyes. My idea is to go one color at a time. I applied this matte brown color with an angled eyeshadow brush.

    Then the last eyeshadow I'm going to use it a matte dark brown. I'm applying this to my upper and lower lash line and extend it to make my eyes look bigger. All that you have to do for this is with your angled brush, go slightly farther with your darkest eyeshadow then you normally would.

Line: Using a matte gel eyeliner, I'm just going to line my upper lash line and flick it  out to create a wing. The line should be a medium-thick line depending on your eye shape and size.

Lash: First apply a volumizing mascara, and then add a lengthening mascara to get a false eyelash look. To the same to the lower lashes, and if you have demi lashes apply them, if not, after applying the lengthening mascara to the lower lashes, take tweezer and clump them into groups.

Lips-

Color: I'm going to use a lip tint that makes the lips take on a fuchsia light pink look. This one in particular makes the lips look supple. It also smells like a garden which is a big plus, because nothing is worse then bad smelling makeup.

Shine: Lastly, take a hot pink lip gloss and apply it over top of the lip color. This will give volume and a softer look to the lips. In this look, there is a lot of gloss on Sojung's face, so apply as much as neccessary to get that desired look.








Finished Look: I really like this look because throughout the K-Pop world right now, sexy is in. But this seems to find a balance to make it chic and easier to wear. To make it more daytime appropriate, line with a liquid eyeliner in a thin line with a small flick and skimp out on the gloss.

       As always, I hope you all enjoyed this makeup tutorial inspired by the beautiful Sojung. I'm really excited to get more into this group and memorize all their names (: Have a great day, and hopefully I'll see you all soon with a review!
Gracie ^.^

                       How About You
                               Have you heard of Ladies' Code? Who's YOUR favorite member?
Song of this post:




No comments:

Post a Comment