Thursday, March 6, 2014

Girls' Generation Hyoyeon Mr.Mr. Inspired Makeup Tutorial


Happy K-Thursday!
    I would've gotten this done sooner, but last Friday, I got some food poisoning and was sick for two days. So that kinda sucked. But I'm feeling better now and on the bright side I got to catch up on Heirs. Anyway, I'm ready to show you how to get Hyoyeon unnie's makeup look. Out of all the look I liked hers the best, because it was the most spring like in my mind. Also, every Thursday, I'll be uploading some kind of Korean makeup tutorial, so that should be an exciting addition to our family. Pretty soon, I'm going to be releasing a post about a schedule so you know what to expect on select days. I hope  you enjoy this tutorial!

Base:

Perfect: I'm loving this BB cream to get the coveted dewy look that Korean stars are famous for. The texture of this BB cream is mousse like, which makes applying it with a damp beauty blender, a dream. So I just dotted this on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and blended it out with my beauty blender, to create naturally flawless looking skin.

Conceal: My skin has been really good to me lately, so the only concealing I'm doing is for my dark circles. If you haven't read my review of this product, click here. I just apply this with my ring finger underneath my eyes and then blend it out with my beauty blender. This completely gets rid of the look of my icky dark circles.

Set: This powder pact is so great for giving the skin a natural looking finish. It also helps to give the skin some glow because it has a very finely milled shimmer in it. The color of this pact as well, helps to give the skin a brightened look. Not to mention I'm a Shawol, so this is kinda my jam (; I applied it with the puff given.

Bronze: I cannot skip this step. Hyoyeon has a very subtle contour along the outside of her face, so to achieve a similar look, I'm going to take this bronzer and apply it with a kabuki, for an even application. This bronzer also will give my face a warmer look, perfect for spring.

Blush: This stuff is awesome. While you might be thinking that it's just a blush, oh you are so completely wrong. This brightens up my complexion so nicely. It literally makes you skin look awesome, even on the worst skin day, at least that's how it is with my skin. It is gorgeous and I love the way it makes my skin look. On the plus side, it's barely noticeable which is good for this look. I applied this to the apples and sweeping out with a kabuki brush.

Highlight: Okay, for this look, it's really important to capture a dewy glow. While most powder highlighters make your face look cakey, this one is the opposite. It gives the skin a glow without making you look like a birthday cake, and the shimmer is so subtle and pretty. It looks very natural. I used the brush it came with for this tutorial on the high points of my face.

Eyes:

Brows: Never ever forget to do your eyebrows! It is so important because they frame your eyes. Look at it this way, the eyes are the window to the soul and you want to have a great frame for those windows. I like powders because it's more effortless looking. I like to apply this with an angled brush, and then run a spooli through my brows.

Prime: I'm using an eye pencil as my base today, because my other champagne eye primer, dried out. So I'm using this one to give my a eyes a nice glowing base. I applied it where the shadows are going be and blended it out with my ring finger.

Lid: My first lid color is a bronze/brown which I applied with a fluffy brush over the eye penciled areas. Make sure that if you're using a mineral eyeshadow, to tap off the excess so as not to get to dark of a color too fast. Let it build up a little bit naturally rather than all at once. I blended it out into the crease, once I had gotten it to the level of opaqueness that I wanted.

Crease: The next color, Smog, is going on the outer v portion of my eye. This will give the look more depth. I also extended it slightly so capture Hyoyeon's look. I applied this with a flat eyeshadow brush.

Brighten: I'm going to bring some light back into this look by applying Half Baked on the center of my lid with my ring finger. This not only makes your eyes look brighter, it also makes them look bigger. (sorry for the blurriness)

Corner: Last shadow is a part of look is going on my inner corners. Once again, the goal here is to brighten up the eyes. With as much eyeliner as we're going to apply, it's a big deal to keep the inner portion light. I applied this with an eyeshadow brush.

Line: I'm going to take this all around my eyes. I'm tight lining and then applying it to my upper lash line. I'm then going to smudge it with an angled brush (same one I used for my eyebrows). I'm going to apply it, lightly, to my lower lash line and close to the inner corner of my eyes.

Lash: Lastly, I'm going to curl my eyelashes, and coat them with a even application of the Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara, and once dried apply a coat of the Etude House Shockcara. This really gives a fake lash look. My lash glue kinda froze on it's way over from Korea, so..... no falsies.

Lips:
Base: I'm generally not a fan of layering lipsticks, but for this look, I'm good with it. This is a really light almost lilac bubblegum pink. It's a little to light for this look, but to get the perfect color, I'm going to be mixing it up a bit.

Define: I'm going to to a bit of a gradient lip here. I'm applying this hot pink in the center of my lips and then blending it out with my fingers ( I know so hygienic).

Shine: Lastly to tie all the colors together, I'm going to apply a hot pink lip gloss to the center of my lips. It will volumize the look of them as well.

Finished Look:










Okay! I hope you all enjoyed this Hyoyeon inspired look. I made it a little more wearable , since I never want to show you how to do something I wouldn't actually wear anywhere. I hope you excited for more K- Thursday, I know I am! I had a really funny thought the other day too, should I do makeup tutorials for the guys of the KPop world too? I mean they can have some pretty cool looks, right? Haha anyway, Enjoy the rest of your day!
Gracie ^.^

Song of this post:
Mr. Mr. - Girls Generation (SNSD)

No comments:

Post a Comment