Thursday, March 13, 2014

Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream Review + Swatches


Happy K-Thursday
     You might be wondering why I'm celebrating, but it is the first time in months that the temperature has gotten up to 50 degrees (Fahrenheit)!!! It is such a nice little heat wave. To bad it's supposed to snow tomorrow. That's what happens when you live in Ohio though, you kinda have to take it in stride. Anyway, I've been trying out this BB to get my bearing of it and now I can tell you all the fun details!

What is it?
Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream ($9) is a BB cream made for oily/acne-prone skin types. It promises to give the skin a clean feel, leaving you with baby face appearance. It is also supposed to relieve skin troubles and red spots, leaving you with a fresh texture.

Ingredients:
Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

     I'm just going to say this now, just to get it out of my mind, there are way to many ingredients I can't pronounce, which makes me a little nervous. However, after researching the ingredients, I've found a few things that I find are okay. I mean I didn't really  go into this brand expecting an all natural kind of product, since Holika Holika never makes such claims, so I can't say I'm too disappointed.

Ingredients Worth Noting:

Tea Tree Extract- Originally from Australia, Tea Tree Extract is used to cure acne, psoriasis, eczema, as well as other skin conditions. It is also used on scrapes and burns because it kills microorganisms that cause diseases. It also have anti inflammatory properties, which is why it is so commonly used for acne and skin care treatment.
Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate- Okay, while I'm still a little psyched out big names, I've done my research and this product isn't that bad. It's made to reflect/scatter UV rays, and activates under large amounts sunshine. It is also said to reduce the appearance of scars.

Dimethicoen/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer- Okay, even though this is a silicone, it is apparently safe since it is in the majority of skincare products these days. It is commonly used because it leaves the skin with a dry, smooth, powdery feel. I can tell why they use it in this product since they want to give your skin an oil controlling feel it leaves the skin with.

Butyelene Glycol- is a skin friendly oil component that is supposed to help with giving the skin a "good feel". Bascially that fresh, baby face thing the product says it gives you. It is supposed to be very safe because it's used in baby products and suncare cosmetics since it has a high SPF.





Performance:

Packaging:
I'm actually pretty okay with the packaging. Although I like things that have a little more structure and though put into them, but It's okay. It's also very hygienic, because I'm not digging my fingers into it and I get get more product out, which is harder to do with pump types. The tube itself is a teal blue shade and has the signature Holika Holika cat on it. Each tube in the Petit series has the cat in different poses, this one has the kitty looking up. The cap is very simple and not much to speak of.

Smell:
This has a very nice fresh floral scent that isn't too over powering. Unfortunately, if your sensitive towards scents, you might not be too into this, since it is very unique. I like it though well enough.



Application:

I generally apply this product in dots on my face and blend it out with a damp beauty blender.

My Thoughts:
     This is my first Holika Holika BB Cream to try and I think its pretty good. I break out really easily from new products and this didn't do that at all. The scent is very nice as well, somewhat of a watery floral smell. It makes your skin have a matte finish and really makes it look naturally even. I'm very impressed with this on my skin and since I haven't been breaking out a lot, I like to apply this with a damp beauty blender for a sheerer application. It's not totally matte, but its also not dewy. Baby skin means that it's going to give you a natural finish. One thing that I don't really like is that if you have dry skin, this product is not forgiving, so if you have drier skin, make sure to moisturize before priming. I have combination skin and while I like the oil controlling properties, I wish it moisturized a little bit more. As for staying power, it last for about 5-6 hours without getting oily on my skin.



Pros:
Great Coverage
Smells Good
Gives a Good Matte Finish

Cons:
Makes Flakey Skin Noticeable
Has An Interesting Texture

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
     I like this product, it's just not a love. I really want to try out more products from the Petit BB line though so be ready for more reviews from this brand (: I'll see you next Thursday!
Gracie ^.^

                                                           How About You?
                                  

Have you tried out this BB cream? What did you think of it?

Song of this post:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment